My Italian Summer

Hey guys this is the first chapter of my newest story! i hope you like it!

Please tell me if i should continue by voting and commenting!

Pictures to the right are of  Adriana!

My current cover is made by KJColton!(:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was it summer break is finally here and I get to spend it in Italy. I get a couple of months away from my family, and away from cleaning everything. Yes there are some down falls to this though like the fact that I have to spend my summer break learning Italian. I have already made plans to stay with this nice girl about my age. She also goes to the same college I will be attending while I am there.

“That’s everything,” my father grunts, setting my last suitcase in the back of the truck. “Say goodbye to your brothers.”

I turned to face my brothers and narrowed my eyes. “Don’t get all mushy on me.”

A chuckle came from Adam my older brother, “Why not my baby sister is going to be gone for months.” He walked up to me and pulled me into a bear hug. “Don’t let them Italian boys be touching you. I will have to come up there and kick some tail if they do.”

I rolled my eyes and walked over to his twin or my other brother Christian. Wrapping my arms around him I practically broke down in tears which made him pull me into a tighter hug. Christian and I have always been close. Adam was the player and Christian was the exact opposite, he was smart, funny, and a great listener. Even though he was a guy himself he always sat down and listened to my boy problems or anything else. He took it to heart and gave me the best possible answer he could ever think of, which for that I am very grateful. Adam would just shrug his shoulders at me and close his bedroom door. “I will miss you,” I whispered putting my head on his shoulder so no one could see me crying.

“Don’t cry Adriana, you will be back before you know it.” He rubbed circles on my back in comfort before letting me go. Giving me a weak smile he walked back over to stand next to Adam who looked a little mad. Probably began he noticed me breaking down and crying on Christians shoulder and not his.

“I am ready,” I called out to my dad. Walking over to the truck I paused for a moment not really sure if I wanted to go. I mean who would cook for them? Who would clean, or do the laundry? I could already see it… I will come back and see the house burnt down and them giving me sheepish smiles. My mother died while giving birth to me and every once in a while I would get a look of disappointment from my father like it was my fault. All my life I have been working hard to keep my father’s approval because of that very day. I know it wasn’t my fault but he acted like it was.

Opening the rusty truck door I hopped in and pulled my legs up to my chest. I know I acted like it was going to be forever but hey I loved my family. The driver’s side door squeaked causing me to look over at my dad who was grumbling about something. I raised an eyebrow at him and he just smiled back.

“Your brothers are trying to make me cry,” he grumbled but had an amused look on his face. “They say I am not tough enough to send my little girl away. They believe that once we get to the airport that I am not going to let you go and bring you right back home.”

A smile stretched across my face as I looked up at my father. “Are you sure you want me to leave?”

“Well of course I don’t want you to go, but this is for your dream job. You need to have Italian on your list of languages you can speak.” He turned the key in the ignition and sighed when a loud clanking noise came from under the hood. He wouldn’t trade in this truck because this was the truck him and my mother bought when they were first married. He told us the story about how this truck was a wedding present from mom. “Don’t forget to buckle up sweetheart.”