15

EDITED

15

"Can we hangout today? Please! The school is closed because some idiot in the 8 o'clock class set the lab on fire. I even let you sleep in until 9! Please, Jace." Claire woke me up by rambling into my ear.

"When?" I grumbled, hardly even awake.

"Noon?"

"Fine. Wake me up in an hour."

"Yay!" Claire cheered and hugged my half-asleep form.

I went back to sleep after that. I was surprised Claire let me sleep in and then let me go back to sleep; i will have to ask her if she's feeling ill.

I woke up not too long after, but this time to my phone buzzing noisily on my bedside table. I wish I remembered to turn the buzz feature off.

Jackson: wanna hangout today
Me: can't. already made plans w clarissa
Jackson: aw dang. well, let's go out for dinner tonight then
Me: we'll see😉 bye Jack
Jackson: bye jace

I sighed and got up to go get ready to hangout with Claire.

I received a text from Claire when I had finished getting ready that she had gone to meet Josh for breakfast after I went back to sleep. Also adding that we are going to go shopping. I was pretty excited because I haven't gone out with Claire in a while - being so busy with tutoring Jackson and studying for myself.

I met Claire at Starbucks like she had requested and we set off to the mall.

"How've you been?" I asked Claire after we both purchased a smoothie.

"Pretty good. I'm starving though."

"We had lunch an hour ago."

"Now I'm hungry again." She looked at me like I was dumb as she turned into the Snack Shack and grabbed chips...5 bags of chips.

I couldn't helping laughing at the look the worker had given her, in response she flipped him off. Her reaction only added onto my fit of laughter.

As Claire walked out I hugged her tightly. "I love you, Clairey."

"I have to pee." I told her.

"I'm gonna sit over at this rest area and eat."

"You're so weird." I rolled my eyes and ran off to the bathroom because I had to pee, badly.

I got in and did my business then exited the stall. I was washing my hands when a semi-familiar blonde girl came into the bathroom.

I recognized her. The girl that Jackson had run off with at the fair after I...kissed Chris. As I was turning off the water I was pushed forward and I let out of a groan of pain.

She yanked me back at and threw me against the wall. I fell to the ground, and when I did, she kicked my stomach roughly.

"You little bitch...Jackson Garfield is mine." She kicked my side and backed a few feet away.

She continued rambling, but I couldn't understand what she was saying because of my level of pain.

I held my side where she had kicked me and rolled into fetal position.

"I said, get up!" She yanked me up by my left arm. The action felt like she had dislocated my shoulder.

"Jaycee? Are you shitting..." I hear Claire's loud gasp. "Are you shitting me right now?" I heard her scream. The girl who had basically jumped me hissed out a string of curse words; I could tell by the tone in her voice they were curse words, but I wasn't able to make them out.