Epilogue

EDITED

Epilogue (ignore the constant POV changing at the end)

Our two year old twins were swimming in the pool at my parents house that they had moved into when I was about 6 months pregnant. Their move to California was an impulse decision the second I told them about being pregnant with the twins. I guess the news made the two of them realize they didn't want to miss a day of their lives being over a thousand miles away.

Jordan had an inner tube shaped like a duck around him and Amanda still liked to sit in the baby floaties when they swam.

Caleb and Alesha were now officially married and it really strengthened their relationship, even though it was already strong before. Riley was now 5, but 6 at the end of summer. He had just finished his first year of kindergarten and Alesha is very emotional over it. On his last day of school, once he was dropped off, she came over crying and saying, "he's growing up so fast." I laughed at her then, but I knew soon that'd be me with the twins.

Bobbi and the twins were only a week away, and a year, from having the same birthday.

Tomorrow, in fact, was Bobbi's birthday and the twins had just turned 2. Tomorrow, Bobbi would be 3. Tomorrow was also the anniversary of Claire's death. Josh has made it a tradition for the two of them to visit Claire's grave every year on her birthday. She may be too young to appreciate it now, but she will soon realize what the gesture means.

Jackson came out of my parents house in his swim trunks and joined our beautiful babies in the pool.

"Knock, knock, I'm coming in!" Alesha announced as I heard the gate squeak open. Riley ran into the backyard and gave me a hug.

"Hi, Jay. I'm gonna swim. See I have my swim trunks on. I'm just waiting for my dad!"

"You can go in now, if you want, buddy. Jack and the twins are in there." I smiled. He grinned, showing off the gap of where his two front teeth were missing.

Riley put on the arm floaties and climbed the latter to jump in.

"Babe, Mandy's done." Jackson told me. He swam over to Amanda and took her out of the floaty. As soon he did, Amanda began screaming.

I took the screaming and crying toddler from his arms, then began bouncing her.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She started splashing Jordan and I told her to stop and as soon as I turned my back, she did it again." Children will be children, I suppose.

I walked back to patio and reclaimed my seat, with a stubborn Amanda on my lap.

"Daddy told you not splash your brother."

She jutted out her bottom lip and pouted. "I said sorry."

"No splashing, Amanda. You can go back in later."

Amanda huffed and climbed off my lap, she stomped on over to Alesha who picked her up.

Amanda and Jordan had easily become Jackson and I's entire life the second they were born. I watched as Jackson came out of the pool with Jordan on his hip.

Jackson walked over to me and pecked my cheek before continuing to the house. "Mandy, did you want to put on clothes?" He asked opening the screen to the door wall.

"No." She huffed facing away from Jackson.

Amanda, as much as I love her, was a bit of a brat. If she didn't get her way with something, she'd throw a fit and be short with the person who yelled at her. I'm worried for preschool because of her attitude problem. She starts this fall and I know it's going to be something else, because she hates being told what to do.
My parents suggested that it could just be her terrible two's settling in, so I genuinely hope that is the case.