4

EDITED
4

Jaycees POV-

I'm not looking forward to today at all.

Thankfully, Caleb had told Jackson I couldn't go so I didn't have to. But, he's sure to find me at the carnival.

And possibly running into Jackson isn't even the worst part. I have to kiss hundreds of guys today - even if it is a mere kiss on the cheek or on the lips, it was still unnerving. Sounds like an STI waiting to happen. Who let me sign up for this?

Kill me now, please. Get me out of my misery.

I pulled the Aztec print, crop top from Pink over my head and the high-waisted skirt over my hips. As for my hair, I 'Ariana Grande styled' it out. I pulled part of my hair back into a small ponytail and the remaining of my hair was in light, pretty curls.

"Damn, girl!" Claire exclaimed. "And, yes, Jace, that was a compliment."

I rolled my eyes and finished applying makeup. "Are you coming?" I asked.

"Later. I have to make up a test."

"Okay." I slid on my black flats and grabbed my phone and purse. "See ya, Claire."

Since Jackson has this magical power to show up whenever and wherever, I looked around outside before I walked out to make sure the coast was clear. I began walking to the carnival, which was being held at the lawn near the local library, and felt a tap on my shoulder. I silently prayed that it wasn't Jackson.

I turned and found Caleb and somebody else. He looked slightly familiar, but again I couldn't put my finger on the name. I must live under a rock or something.

"Hey, Jaycee." Caleb greeted with a smile.

"Hey. Who's your friend?"

"Matt." Oh, Matt. As in, Jackson's best friend. He gave me a slight wave.

"You're the one that Jack invited with us?"

"Yeah."

"Why can't you come?" He asked, while looking me up and down, taking in my attire.

"Um, well, I have to work at the carnival. I didn't remember until my roommate reminded me." I explained.

"Oh." He nodded, slowly.

"Jack's on his way over now, Matt." Caleb said. "Need a ride?" He asked while turning to me.

"No, I'm good. Thanks, though!" I waved and walked away, probably suspiciously fast.

I don't particularly want to get caught by Jackson just yet. Sure, it's bound to happen at some point in time today, but not so early.

I reached the vast 10 acres of land next to the library, which was now all colorful and decorated for the carnival.

I made a bee-line for the kissing booth. I will have to pray that Jackson doesn't stop by. Kissing booths don't really seem like his scene considering he can get mostly any girl he pleases, but we'll see I guess.

Jackson's POV-

I think it was probably for the better that Jaycee couldn't hangout with me.
An ex fling of mine is still obsessive over me when it's been called off for quite some time now. I don't want her to make an appearance and threaten the life of Jaycee. I say that because I don't put it past her. She's insane.

I got out of Caleb's car and leaned against the passenger door, I had forced Matt to ride backseat. He put up a strong fight for the front seat, but i obviously won.

"You know," Matt said while putting a hand on my shoulder. "You're kind of..." He stopped short as he trailed off and to a stop. "Well, fuck." I turned around and looked for what Matt was looking at.

Well, fuck indeed. Not even five minutes in and Kia makes an appearance. I groaned and threw my head back in exasperation.

"Can't she get the memo?" I asked my rhetorical question. "C'mon, guys. Just ignore her." We all turned and started walking into the carnival.
As we did so, we heard an all too familiar gasp.

"Oh, Jackson! Jacky, Jacky, Jack-" I stopped abruptly.

"Kia, go away. Things are done and over. Go find a new guy. I am moved on." Caleb's eyes widened when I said that and he elbowed me - hard.

I would've been mad if I hadn't realized my mistake.

Kia takes possessive to the next level and now she's going to be out for blood (quite literally) for whoever I have moved on to. Which is nobody, but if she sees me hanging around Jaycee that could very well put her in legitimate danger.

"Who?!" She barked aggressively. Damn, Jack, you really know how to pick 'em.

"Afraid that's none of your business." Matt shrugged and grabbed mine and Caleb's shoulders, tugging us away.

I spotted a fairly hidden bench behind a booth that we sat down at, surely out of Kia's line of sight.

"You need to stay away from Jaycee for the day." Caleb informed me, staring down at me with crossed arms.

Grumbling incoherent words, I nodded. "I know." Why was I upset? It's not like it mattered anyway. Jaycee's just another one of the girls. Nothing else.

"You're an idiot." Matt said, shaking his head.

"Shut the hell up." I groaned. "There's a kissing booth here, right? I'm going there. Maybe some desperate girls are wandering around. See you later. Maybe not. I might take someone home."caleb rolled his eyes at my outburst and Matt nodded, with an annoyed look on his face.

Caleb is settled down obviously, and he's annoyed by the fact that I play girls. Matt has his occasional one night stands, but usually he isn't affected by my flings. In other words, i don't know what Matt's problem is. It's my life and it hasn't had an affect on any of theirs, making it none of their damn business what I did with my time and who I did with my time.

I got to the kissing booth and saw who was working it.

The one and the only, Jaycee Gardner.