39

EDITED

39

Today was the day.
October 16th 2015 I was finally marrying Jackson Garfield.
It's merely going to be a small ceremony with our close friends and family. It's being held here in California considering everyone besides my parents already live here.

I really wish that Clarissa could've been here in person, but I know her spirit is going to be sitting front row smiling. She was sketchy toward Jackson because she has known him the majority of her life, but didn't really know him like I did; nonetheless, I knew she was still supportive of my decision.

"You look gorgeous, Jay." Dylynn commented, standing behind me. "Jack is lucky to have you."

I asked Dylynn to be my maid of honor, with Alesha and Sam as my bridesmaids. Josh, Caleb, and Chris were Jackson's groomsmen and Matt as the Best Man. Annie was my junior bridesmaid and flower girl; we didn't have a young enough girl for the flower girl position. Annie and I had managed to talk Jackson into letting Vincent be the junior Groomsmen. He was hesitant at first, but we even brought Josh into the battle.

Jack got defensive saying they were 14 and going to break up sooner or later and him being in pictures would ruin them for us. Annie had started to cry, so I called Josh over and he reminded to Jackson how much he and Claire loved each other since they had first met. And that was even before they were 14.

My dad walked in and smiled at me. "Are you ready, baby girl?" He asked.

"I am." I agreed without a second thought. He pulled me in tightly for a hug. "Thank you for being here for me Daddy."

"I love you, Jaycee."

"I love you too." We heard the music of Hear Comes the Bride and that was our cue.

I was getting married at only 19 years of age. Most parents don't support young marriages, but mine did and that warmed my heart. They believed that I had good judgement that our marriage wouldn't go down in flames. Jackson, when we visited my parents, had also asked for permission to marry me when I wasn't around.

My parents were supporters to young marriage because they got married when they were both 19, fresh out of high school. They have lasted 22 years and didn't have many problems.

I put my veil over my face and my father and I began to walk down the isle gracefully to the music.

Annie took the walkway before us, grazing the ground with flower petals she tossed the side gently. She was the youngest girl assosciated with either of our families, aside from Bobbi, but at a mere few months old, she wouldn't have been able to fulfill her duties to the best of her ability.

My father handed me off to Jackson with a kiss on the cheek.

I stepped up with the help of Dylynn and Alesha holding the back of my dress as I walked up the three steps.

Jackson took my hands in his and smiled at me the whole time the preacher read. I was trying my hardest to not cry.

"Jackson, your vows?"

Jackson and I agreed we'd skip vows because we both already knew how much we loved one another. We told the preacher this.

"Jaycee, I know we sort of agreed to skip this part, but I can't do that. I want you to know I'm not going to let anyone or anything hurt you whether I'm around or not. I will put you and our family before anything else because you all are the most important people to me. I promise to never let anything come between us. I promise to always make you feel loved in new ways everyday. Meeting you has been the best thing to ever happen to me. I don't know where I would be without you and I'm not going to take advantage of you. I'm so grateful and lucky to soon be able to call you my wife." Jackson recited perfectly, almost like he read from a script even though it was obvious he didn't, considering his eyes captivated mine the whole time throughout his dialogue.