Welcome to the Competition[Chapter 24]

Twenty-four:

At around 9:30pm I brought Clare home. When I got back home I took a shower and then went straight to bed. I woke up early and dressed myself in dark purple skinny jeans and white graphic tee that a neon zebra on it. For shoes of course I put on white converses.

I texted Adam in the morning for his address to his house. Drew was outside sitting on the front steps with him and they both walked over to my mustang.

"Hey Drew," I smile and he smiles back. "Do you want a ride?" I ask and he looks at me and nods. He gets in the back and Adam sits in the passenger seat.

"So Adam hear tells me that you are going to pretend to be his girlfriend?" Drew questioned.

"Only if you are alright with it," I smile and look at him in the rearview mirror.

"I'm jealous," he chuckled. That made my smile wider.

After a few minutes a glanced at Adam quickly then focused on the road. "What was wrong with Eli last night" I ask casually and Adam looks at me quickly.

"He will tell you when he is ready. I can't tell you," Adam sighs and I nod.

"I understand. He was making me worried," I comment then turn into the school parking lot. Normally Eli would get there before me but I didn't see his hearse anyway. I parked and the guys got out.

"See you to love birds around," Drew smiled beginning to walk away.

"We should double date with you and Alli," I joke and Drew laughs.

I look at Adam and smile. He takes my hand and he walk toward the school entrance. People whispered to their friends as we walked by them. Clare caught up with us on the way into the school and had a smile on her face. When we got to my locker there was still no sign of Eli.

I open my locker then look at Adam. "Come on to me," I whisper and he nods. I lean my back against the lockers and he puts one hand on the lockers and leans toward me. We both were smiling and I could tell Clare was having a hard time not laughing.

"Oh Adam you are so funny," I giggle and he smiles. I turn away and shut my locker.

"Babe, want me to walk you to class?" he asked and I smiled.

"Since it's you of course," I smirk and kiss his cheek.

"Lesbians," Bianca hissed as she walked by.

"But I'm dating a boy," I remark and take Adam's hand and walk away.

After every class Adam waited for me in the hallway. Everyone was staring at us and made comments to their friends. I wanted to tell Eli all about it but I didn't see him at all. He wasn't in English class or even school for that matter. It made me a little bit worried since he acted so strange last night.

When I got home I didn't bother to call or text Eli. I figured he was just feeling under the weather and that he would be in school the next day but he wasn't. I felt like if I even tried to text him he would ignore it anyway. The rest of the week he was never in school.

Saturday during the day I decided to get in my car and call Adam. He told me where Eli's house was and I thought that would be the only way to find him.