Welcome to the Competition[Chapter 13]

Thirteen:

I drove to the Dot so I could pick up a dessert for tonight. I didn't want to talk to anyone but I knew I would have to talk to Peter since he worked there.

I took a deep breath and went into the building. Everyone looked at me and most people started to whisper to themselves. Well I guess I got my wish. I made an impression.

I ignored all the looks and walked up to the counter. Peter smiled at me and leaned on the counter. "Everyone in here is talking about you Converse," he smiled and I looked away from him at the ground.

"Don't call me Converse. Um you can call me Emi," I tell him and smile but I couldn't hold it. Peter looked at me worried but nodded.

"Well Emi what can I get you?" he asked and stood up straight.

"My dad wants me to get something for dessert," I tell him and shrug. "Anything is fine," I add softly.

"Well we make a good chocolate cake. Do you like chocolate?" he happily said.

"Yeah chocolate is good. I'll buy two slices," I tell him. He nods and walks away from me. I sigh and turn around leaning my back against the counter. My attention went to the door as it opened. Drew and Alli walked in.

I stood up straight and went over to them. Drew smiled and Alli rolled her eyes. "Drew thank you for earlier. Adam is really lucky to have a brother that cares like you do. Are you hurt at all?" I ask and he chuckles.

"I'm fine. No damage. Where is Adam? I thought he would be with you. I would think Clare and Eli would be too," Drew comments.

"Why would you think that?" I asked.

"I saw you leave with them and I thought you guys were friends," Drew shrug. Him saying that depressed me a little. I looked at the ground and shook my head.

"I don't think we will be hanging out so much. I'm going to try and lay low like I'm invisible for a while. Fiona Coyne is an old friend of mine so I think she will be my only friend for some time," I explain to Drew and look up from the ground.

"Is that like a British thing? I thought people liked to make friends," Drew joked and it made me smile.

"Maybe it is a British thing," I giggle and look at Alli who rolls her eyes. "Well I have to get going. See you around Drew and see you in computer, Alli," I smile and walk to the counter where Peter was waiting. I pay him and take the boxes of cake with a smile then leave going back home.