Welcome to the Competition[Chapter 20]

Twenty:

Declan stared at me as I sat down in the driver seat. I gave him a weird look and asked, "What?"

"Well I see you've changed," he commented not seeming to thrilled.

"I grew up. And if you are telling me I changed because of the people I hang out with well they are really nice. They understand me," I say and start to drive away.

"You like the emo kid?" him saying this made me want to punch him so hard.

"His name is Eli and he is really sweet. What are you jealous?" I say. I snort and roll my eyes.

"Yeah I'm jealous of Eli the emo" Declan sounded disgusted with that.

"Declan don't be a jerk. Where do you want to go?" I ask to change the subject. I was not in the mood to argue with him about Eli.

"Fiona's condo," he answered. I looked at him and sighed. I didn't bother to complain with this idea and just drove there. The whole ride was silent, not even music was playing.

When we got there I parked my car and looked at Declan. He unbuckled himself and looked at me. He leaned towards me and kissed me lightly on the lips. It took me by surprise and I didn't know how to react other than pull away. He sighed and opened his door.

"I'll just see you tomorrow. Goodnight," Declan said and got out of my car. I walked him walk into the condo then drove to my house.

It was getting late anyway and I was tired. I went into the house quietly and heard that the television was on in the living room. I went down to the basement and put away Jo-Anne before going into the living room to see my dad.

He smiled at me and patted next to him on the couch for me to sit. I smile and sat down.

"How was tonight?" he asked me sounding interested.

"Amazing. I did three covers and performed one of my own songs. They loved me. I think I will do that more often," I smile happily. "Hey dad do you have anything planned for tomorrow or Sunday?" I ask looking over at him.

"Tomorrow no and Sunday I have a business meeting. We are getting a new client from Hong Kong and tomorrow is the only day they will be here. I won't be home all day. I'll be back around 11," he tells me then looks at me and smiles. "Why you have plans?"

"Fiona wants me to sleep over tomorrow and Sunday I was hoping to have friends over," I say and beg with my eyes.

"Girls?" he asks me.

"Clare and Gracie," it was weird saying Adam's girl name. It felt wrong. I didn't want to say Eli or I knew my dad would say no.

"Okay that sounds nice. Tell them to bring their bathing suits," He smiled.

"Already did," I happily say then stand up. "I'm going to go sleep. See you in the morning." I kiss his cheek before leaving the room.

I walk up the stairs with my phone in hand and first text Fiona then Eli the mystery boy.

:me(to Fiona): I can sleep over. When should I come over?

:me(to mystery): My dad won't be home Sunday but he said I can have friends over. I didn't say you were coming just that Clare and 'Gracie' were, haha.

When I reached my room I threw my purse and phone to my bed then changed into Jack Skeleton PJ pants and a black tank top. By the time I was finished changing and back at my bed the two had answered.

:Fiona: I will pick you up just bring something comfy to change into.

:me(to Fiona): Will do!

:Mystery: Should I tell Adam to show up as Gracie, or should I wear a pretty pink bow in my hair?

I laughed reading the text from Eli.

:me(to mystery): very funny. My dad will be gone by the time you guys show up. Come over at five.

:Mystery: Are you not allowed to have guys over?

:Me: No I can I was just afraid that if I said my friends Clare, Adam and Eli that my dad wouldn't like me. So I lied a little.

:Mystery: So I'm a secret?

:me: Well I sort of told my dad I wasn't friends with you. When I was leaving earlier he asked if I was dressed so nice to go on a date with you.

:Mystery: Wow not only does pretty much everyone in school think we are dating but even your dad does.

:Me: I know. Too bad I'm "dating" Adam. Haha

:Mystery: It won't last. I'll win your heart ;) Uh g2g. sweet dreams.

My heart pounded as I read the last text. Was he being serious or just joking? I never knew with him. The winky face made my mind race. He had already won my heart the day we met. I wasn't going to let him know that though. If I could have kept being bisexual a secret for this long I can keep my feelings toward Eli a secret for as long as I need to.