The Seeker

For a week and a half now, Hermione had been skittering around Draco like he had a cold. She barely spoke to him in the common room or often left the room when he came back from class or quidditch practice. Draco wasn't sure what had happened. They had been getting along fine but now Hermione rushed through their tutoring sessions, didn't joke with him during potions class and hardly looked him in the eye when they were in the same room. Draco was worried that he had done something but nothing came to mind and when he did ask Hermione about it by saying,

"Are you alright? You've seemed skittish around me for a couple of days." Hermione had cringed and lied through her teeth saying.

"I'm fine Draco just a bit anxious about classes and homework and such. I'm sorry if it seems like I've been avoiding you or something." Draco would've believed her if she had looked him in the eye but she hadn't. Draco wanted to question her more later, in private but he never got the chance too. Hermione never gave him the chance.

----

Hermione knew she should've moved from the common room before Draco got back but she was too caught up in the book she was reading. Mystery novels have always been her favorite and Hermione was so close to getting to the part where the girl finds out who murdered her father when Draco came into the room, a blast of cold air rushing past him from the corridor, chilling Hermione to the bone. Holy hell, she'd forgotten she was hardly wearing a thing under this blanket. And she had also forgotten that she was kind of avoiding her fellow Head of Students.

"Hey." Draco said, shutting the door and leaning his broom against the cabinet while he stripped off his coat. He was wet, his blonde hair was a shade darker from the water. His green Seeker uniform was just as wet as his hair and a darker green from its usual.

"God is the weather that bad out there?" Hermione had barely noticed the rain. She was all snuggled up in her blanket, a nice fire roaring in front of her.

"It is if you're a Seeker and have to move pretty quickly." He was beginning to strip off his uniform and Hermione shifted around on the couch uneasily. His shirt clung to his body, allowing her to see the planes of his stomach and the bicep muscles she didn't know he had. Hermione knew she should leave before he tried or ask her if she was okay again. She knew he could tell something was bothering her but how was she supposed to talk about the torture she endured in his house? How do you even bring something like that up?

"Slytherin win?" She asked, trying to be polite as Draco stripped off his gloves. He grunted a little and Hermione took that as a yes.

"With Potter off the field the Gryffindor team is much better but I'm still faster than their new Seeker." He paused as he looked up at her. His expression became unreadable.

"What?"

"Just..I don't think I've seen you in many things other than the school uniform." Hermione wanted to tell him that he had. She'd worn dresses, winter clothes for trips outside Hogwarts, casual clothes during OWL's but Hermione didn't open her mouth because she realized, that the clothes she was wearing now, consisted of shorts that barely covered her bum and a tank top that just barely covered her stomach.

"Well, I could say the same about you." Hermione said, standing up quickly and regretting it. The blanket which had been wrapped securely around her fell from her shoulders and onto the couch. Draco seemed a little thunderstruck to see her showing so much skin. "I'm going to go put on something warmer. You've let in a lot of cold air Draco." She said in a scolding manner before rushing off to her room up the corridor. Draco actually expected her not to return. It seemed like the kind of excuses she had been using recently to avoid him so he was greatly surprised after emerging from his hot shower that Hermione was actually back in her usual spot in the armchair by the fire.