Platform 9 3/4

Hermione was not a crier. But right now, she was shedding a couple of tears. How could she not? One of her best friends was leaving her to become an Aurora while she would go to Hogwarts to retake her final year. She would of course have Harry, Ginny, Neville and Luna, to keep her company but being at Hogwarts without Ron would be completely devastating.

"Try not to miss me too much aye?" Harry said to Ron, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"You complete idiot." Hermione replied hitting Harry's arm before moving in to hug Ron tightly. Harry laughed lightly, watching his best friends hug it out like this was the last time they'd ever see each other.

"Hey, come on now. It's not like you'll never see me again!" Ron said enthusiastically as they let go. Hermione frowned, remembering the events from the past year. She could never exactly describe the emotions that washed over her when she thought Harry was dead, when everyone thought Harry was dead. All she knew was that she never wanted to feel that way again. So now, she treated every goodbye with as much sorrow and love as she had when she said goodbye to Harry that day.

"You keep yourself safe Ron because I'm not going to be there to save your arse and I know how pathetic you are at magic." She joked with him, making Ron laugh.

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" Ron exclaimed defiantly while Harry laughed. Hermione smiled a little. Over the summer, Ron and her had tried dating. She knew that she loved him and she knew that Ron loved her but Hermione almost felt like... Like there was something she was missing. Some tiny piece that she couldn't comprehend. Ron could sense it too. They loved each other yes but they weren't in love with one another. And by the time that summer had ended, Hermione and Ron were back to being friends.

"I just can't believe you didn't want to come back." Harry said, nudging his friend. "Retaking seventh year isn't going to be that bad." Ron wrinkled his nose.

"Yes it will, especially if my ruddy sister is going to graduate with me. I'm older than her, I should've done all of this already."

"Well, you never were any good at school." Ginny said, appearing behind him and stepping forward to kiss Harry's cheek. Ron pretended to gag while Hermione hit his chest.

"Behave." She told him with a slight smirk.

"What's that make 'Mione and I then? The fact that we're returning?" Harry demanded of his best friend.

"Slackers the lot of you. Why didn't you just take the easy way out with Seamus, Dean and I? Just take the NEWT's and get everything over with." Hermione shook her head. If she was going to graduate from Hogwarts, she wanted to do it proper. This was going to be her last year at this marvelous school and she had been so distracted these past couple of years, Voldemort and all, that she still wasn't even sure what kind of job she wanted. Something in the magical realm? Something in the muggle world? She just wasn't sure. It would be good to sit back, relax and think about what she wanted.

"I'm glad they're coming back without you." Ginny said happily. "We can have a nice quiet year at Hogwarts for once." Harry's expression darkened slightly.

"I don't know much about that." He murmured. "Does anyone know if Malfoy is coming back with us or if he's just going to take the NEWT's too?" Nobody replied. Because nobody knew. The Malfoy's had been keeping their heads down all summer, keeping all of their business very hush hush. Nobody had even really seen the family out of their house.

"I hope he doesn't go back." Ron said with a frown. "That bastard should just keep his head in the sand for the rest of his life." Hermione licked her lips slowly and sighed. She didn't particularly like Draco, but she did feel bad for him. She watched Draco's anxieties and fear spike in their sixth year. Nobody had ever seen one of the Malfoy's look so out of a sorts. He must have been feeling a lot of pressure that year from his family and from Voldemort. Much like Harry had felt pressured by Dumbledore and Voldemort.