Chapter 15 Part 1

Darryl's POV

I couldn't breath, my chest was tight.

This was going to be bad, very bad but yet I had allowed him to convince me that it would all be fine.

"Darryl, you're turning a little blue in the face, trying taking a deep breath," his voice was soft as was the touch on my thigh. "It's going to be fine baby."

I looked at him before I undid my belt and slid over so I was sitting in the middle of his truck as he drove. I did the belt up across my hips and leaned against him. I closed my eyes and let myself smell him, my mind quickly wondering off to the night before.

*   *    *   *   *   *

"Babe we are here," his voice brought me back to the present world. I opened my eyes and my heart was in my throat again. Different vehicles lined both sides of the street, many of them I recognized from work. I looked up at Austin, "We shouldn't be here," I whispered.

Austin shook his head and undid his as well as my belt before he opened his door. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the truck with him. "Just relax." He said softly and let go of my hand as we neared Toni's backyard. The gate was being held open with a cinder block to allow people to come and go as they pleased. Children were running around in the grassy area with Toni's two Dachshunds. The adults were all gathered on the patio and by the barbecue, most of them had some sort of cup or drink in their hand. My eyes darted around looking for somewhere to hide. Finally I found Simon and his wife. I glanced back at Austin who looked out of place in his cowboy boots. He didn't have his cowboy hat on, so his hair was just a lovely floppy mess. Giving a little smile at Austin I beelined it for Simon, he was the one man I had always found I could be completely honest with. Mind you I had never told him of my affair. That thought still scared the shit out of me. So many people were unfriendly to the idea of two males together.

I pulled myself together as I got to Simon, "hey," I spoke easily as I nodded to him and his wife, Ana. They were an older couple, Simon was in his early fifty's now and Ana wasn't far behind him.

"Oh hey Darryl, how are you?" Ana asked with a smile.

Simon smiled at me, "Everyone had been saying they weren't sure if you were coming or not." He noted.

"I'm pretty good, thanks Ana," I spoke softly, I looked at Simon, "I wasn't sure if I was going to come," I admitted gently. I glanced over my shoulder to see Austin just a few steps behind me; I gave a little sigh and looked back at Simon and Ana.

"And why wouldn't you come Darryl? It's a family affair, and everyone knows you are family." Ana said softly.

I was about to answer her when I felt an arm wrap around my waist, I closed my green eyes, it was obvious it was Austin's arm. What was I supposed to do now?

"I don't believe we know your friend, Darryl," Ana's soft voice broke through me.

I opened my eyes and looked at Austin before at Ana and Simon, Ana was giving me a very gentle look, well Simon's was more a calculating look, like he was trying to figure out what was going on. I inhaled before opening my mouth to speak, "This is... ugh... my friend, Austin," I said quietly, my mouth gone dry. He gave me a little squeeze and I went on, "Ugh... Austin, this is Simon and his wife Ana," I told Austin.

Austin stuck his hand out and easily shook Simon and Ana's hands, "Its nice to meet you two," he said gently.

Ana was the first to speak again, "Its nice to meet you too Austin," she said gently. Her eyes moved back to me, "Is this the Austin everyone keeps telling me about?" she asked softly.

I swallowed but nodded, god I felt like I was 15 again and was getting caught playing with myself.

"Oh sweetie," she said softly as she moved up to give me a hug, "If you are happy that is all that matters," She told me gently. She pulled back and took Simon's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

Simon smiled at me, "While this explains a lot," he said gently, "You know you could have told me," he added.

I looked at him, "My parents don't even know Simon, Kali knows and that's it, besides whoever else she's told, not that I can see her really telling people that is why we split up." I said.

Simon nodded gently, "Just be careful Darryl," he told me gently before he and Ana headed off.

I looked up at Austin, I can't do this, I want to go home. He looks down at me and gives a little smile, "I am going to get a beer," he told me softly. I simply nodded and watched him go before I gave a sigh. Soon Carl and Toni were in front of me. "Whose the cowboy?" Toni asked.

I looked at them and swallowed, I had every intention on telling them he was my boyfriend but I couldn't do it. "A friend of mine," I shrugged. "Didn't feel like coming alone so I called him up and brought him. Hope you don't mind Toni." I lied gently.

Toni frowned, "What happened to your girlfriend coming? What's her name, Alex? No no that's not it. Alice?" He asked.

"She had to go see her parents this weekend," I continued to lie.

"Ah that's too bad." Toni said, "We were all looking forward to meeting her. We were even placing our bets on what we thought she'd look like."

I gave a little smile and was about to answer when I heard his little voice. "Daddy!"

I turned to look and sure enough there was my Justin running full tilt towards me. I crouched down and picked him up, "Hey buddy!" I smiled.

He clung to me, "I've missed you daddy," he said gently. "When are you coming home?" He asked.

I frowned, I didn't have an answer for him, I looked around quickly for his mother. Soon I spotted her walking through the gate,  her arm wrapped around some guy I recognized from her work Christmas party. Why was she here?

I looked back at Justin, "Why don't you go play with the doggies and other kids?" I told him gently before I sat him down. He frowned at me but nodded going off towards the others. I straightened and made my way over to Kali. "What are you doing here?" I questioned.

She glared at me, "I could ask the same to you!" She hissed. "Oh god please tell me you didn't bring that other fag with you!"

I glared at her, "Don't call him that. I can be with whoever I want." I stated. "And you, you have some nerve bringing this guy around our son!"

"This guy?" Kami questioned, "This is Kyle. And unlike you he likes me for me. And he does a fine job taking care of me and my son now that you are gone."

I shook my head, "If you'd just let me see my son no other man would have to be there to take care of him." I stated. "You either let me start seeing him or I'll take you to court over it."

She laughed, "Go for it. Take me to court. You won't get anything anyways." She stated.