Chapter 5 part 1

Austin's POV

I realized a sigh as I took my hat off and whipped away the sweat gathering on my forehead. The sun was high in the sky and beating fiercely down on me as I fixed the wire. Putting my hat back on I looked over my shoulder at my cattle grazing. I finished up fixing the section I was at and moved back to my quad and put the tools back into the box attached to the front of the quad. I got on and started it up before heading back up to the barn.

I got to the gate beside the barn and slipped off the four wheeler to open the gate. I let the gate swing open as I got back on and drove through hopping off and shutting the gate. I looked up to the house and was confused.

Darryl's blue Cavalier parked beside my truck. Why was he back already?

I drove the quad to the drive shed and parked it inside, turned it off and shut the drive shed up and headed to the house.

I pushed the screen door open before pushing the storm door open. I slipped out of my boots and looked at Darryl's shoes.

"Darryl?" I called gently as I headed to the kitchen to get a water bottle. There was no answer, weird. I headed to the living room to see if maybe he'd fallen asleep on the couch or something.

Nope he wasn't there. I frowned, where the hell was he!

I headed to my room to check there, I walked in and found him curled up to one of my pillows. I took my hat off and sat it on my dresser by the door before I went over to my bed.

His body was tense and his sleeping face troubled. I frowned and sat down on the bed beside him quietly. I started rubbing his back quietly, what had upset him that he had ran to me like this?

I watched his sleeping face as I rubbed his back, his eyes twitched and opened a moment later. "Dar," I whispered.

He rolled onto his back looking up at me, his green eyes were blank. "Hey," he whispered.

I ran my hand over his buzzed hair. I couldn't help but wonder what he'd look like if he'd let his blonde hair grow out some.

I looked down at him, "What are you doing here baby?" I asked him gently. It wasn't that I wasn't happy to see him it was just that he wasn't suppose to be here right now.

He let out a heavy sigh, "I almost told her," he whispered.

I blinked, "What?" I asked.

He moved so he was sitting facing me, "I almost told her about us."

I stared at him, we both knew what would happen if he told her.

He hung his head, "I went home and got in the shower well she was still asleep. Well apparently she wasn't asleep and she got in with me. She was all horny and blew me before she started begging for me to 'take care' of her. I told her I was tired and got out and went to bed. I slept for an hour or so before I was woken up. She was sitting on my waist wearing some lingerie. She started coming onto me and I pushed her away. Telling her to knock it off that I needed some more sleep. She rolled her eyes and started to kiss my neck. I pushed her away when she started rubbing me and told her to knock it off that we weren't teenagers anymore. And she started freaking. We yelled for a good half hour and I almost told her I was cheating and gay. And then I stormed out of the house and came here."

I pulled him into my arms and hugged him tight, we both knew what would happen if she found out about me. I rubbed his back lovingly, "So now what?" I asked him gently.

"I don't know," he whispered his head on my chest, "I don't wanna go back there right now."

I kissed the top of his head, "Yes but what about Justin?"

He was quiet and bit his lip, I just held him close letting him think things over. Though I did wish I could read his mind and know what he was thinking. I continued to rub his back quietly, what was his wife going to do if she found out he ran here? That he ran to me? She'd freak out even more and take Justin away from him.

I looked down and realized he had fallen asleep again, his face was less pained looking this time. I held him quietly and just let him sleep.

Ring... Ring... Ring...

I blinked, a phone was ringing. I rubbed my eyes, the ringing wasn't stopping. It took me a moment to realize it wasn't my phone, it wasn't the ring tone I used. I looked at Darryl, he was still asleep. I shook his shoulder gently, "Dar, your pockets ringing," I told him quietly.

He stirred before he opened his eyes a moment later. He pulled his phone from his pocket and looked at it for a moment before the ringing stopped and he turned it off before he tossed it across the room. He started muttering to himself before he looked up at me.

His green eyes stared up at me, he had that look in them, that hunger look. Without a word he pushed me back onto the bed and got on top of me. He stared down at me for a moment before he leaned down starting to kiss me roughly. I wrapped my arms around his back and kissed him back just as roughly.