Chapter 3

Thank God! It was finally Tuesday and my six-hour shift was over at the hall and I was on my way. Radio blasting whatever song as I drove out of town. Oh, it was going to be so nice to see Austin!

The past few days have been bad at the house; Kali was in one of her pissy moods. I had wanted to take Justin to the park to play yesterday and she had flipped on me. Said he had a swing set in the yard to play with, that her and I needed to spend time together more than me and Justin need to spend time together. So, I had just agreed, told Justin to go play in the yard and went ahead and spent some quality time with my wife. We had sat in the den and had some wine -which I hate the taste of by the way. We had two bottles gone before she decided to call her parents and see if they'd take Justin for the night so we could spend a night alone. I hadn't argued with her, no I just let her pack a bag for Justin and send him with her mom once she got there. There would have been no since in arguing with her, would have just made matters worse last night.

After he was gone Kali decided we should watch a romantic movie well we -mostly Kali- drank another two bottles of wine before she decided she wanted a little sumthin', sumthin'. And how could I say no? I'm her husband and am supposed to love her. I merely complied with what she wanted, letting her use me how she wanted.

I gave a sigh and pushed last night out of the mind, instead I focused on the song that was playing. I listened to the first bit of the lyrics.

"She says her love for me could never die

But that'd change if she ever found out about you and I

Oh, but her love is cold

It wouldn't hurt her if she didn't know, 'cause...

When it gets too much

I need to feel your touch

I'm gonna run to you"

I threw my head back and realized an amused laugh. How ironic! Bryan Adams' 'Run To You'. God that so fit right now.

I turned into Austin's long lane way and drove up it slowly, trying not to get the car too dirty on his gravel driveway. I pulled up beside his truck and parked my Cavalier before getting out.

I turned and looked around with a smile, the barn doors were open like normal and his cows were up in the field closest to the barn. You could hear the odd one mooing now and then. I grinned at the sound, oh how I would love to wake up to that sound in the mornings.

"Hey, you gonna come see me or you gonna stand outside all afternoon?" Austin's voice reached me.

I turned and looked over at him standing on the porch, ah he was standing there in his jeans, cowboy hat and boots, nothing more. I smiled and headed over to him. Walking around the front of my car and his truck going up onto the porch only to be greeted by him. He opened his arms and pulled me into a hug that I welcomed happily.

"Hey," I whispered softly as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"How are you Dar?" He asked me gently.

I looked up at him, "I'm better now." I whispered.

Austin rubbed my back gently, "Not going well again?" he asked.

"Not really," I said with a frown.

"Aw babe, I'm sorry. What can I do to make it better?" He asked gently.

I shrugged softly, "Don't bring it up?" I asked gently.

Austin gave a little chuckle before kissing the top of my head, "Sure thing. Wanna go inside?"