Chapter Six

Warning this chapter is based in the salm witch time period. I don't know how they talked back then so I'm just gonna wing it. Also, pleaseeeeee if you like this story or have any tips please leave a comment. I would be in heaven if you would. Also, if you could can you guys help me get my story out there more.

Alright I'll shut up and go on to the story:)

******************************************************************************************************************

"Veronica, please listen to me. I'm begging you too." Anthony said to me. I turn around and look at him. I can see the pleading in his eyes, but I also see worry.

"I am listening." I told him. I used a hursh voice even though I meant not to. Anthony walks over to me and places a soft kiss on my lips. These are one of the many stolen ones that I love, but no one must know. I will be disowned if my parents found out. He caresses my cheek.

"You have to do this. Every witch is counting on you." He's in a soft whisper as he places another kiss on my lips. This one is more inapproitate. I pull away immmeditly. It's not like I don't want his kisses. He's just doing it to make it seem like this isn't important.

"Why must I? I could be hung for this! Do you want me to be killed? Don't you love me at all!" I yelled.

"I know you could! I don't want you ever to be killed and of course I love you. I don't want you doing this, but you are the only one who can!" He yelled back at me. Anthony yelled at me. He never yells at me. I must of really made him mad. Well, if he wants to be that why then fine. I walk towards the door to leave before I exit I say, "Fine I will do this, but if I get caught it will be on your soul not mine."

************

I have everything I need for the spell. I light all the candles and recite, "Remember my past. Remember my history. Remember my lives." I'm half way through the spell when guards come in.

"Veronica Petry! You are being charged of conducting witchcraft." A guard said advancing on me. I jump up and try to run to the door, but I am grabbed.

"Ahhh!" I cry and scream. I knew this would happen. I don't wanna die!

"Veronica!" Anthony yelled. I look up and see him running to me. I also see the whole town watching as I am taken away. A guard holds up a gun at him.

"Do not come any closer!" The guard yelled at Anthony. Anthony ignores the threat and continues to run to us. He cocks the gun. I feel the tears run down my face. Anthony can not die too!

"Anthony! Please stop before you are dead too!" I scream through my tears. He stops and looks me in the eyes. His beautiful emerald eyes forever imprinted in my mind. I can see the worry and sadness in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry! I love you, Veronica my darling." I do not have a chance to say anything because the guards drag me away. I watch Anthony becoming farther and father away from me. He will live for both of us.

It has been 3 days. 3 days since I was taken. These 3 days I have so many thoughts. I just gotta tell myself everything will be okay without me. No one has been aloud to see me. I have not even had the chance to say goodbye to my family. Although they have probably disowned me when they heard the charges of their second born, first daughter. They will not see me until the hanging, where they will watch me suffer to death. The door is opened to my cell. This can not be the end already.

"Is this my end?" I asked in a shaky breath.

"Veronica, you have to cast the spell or you are going to die tomorrow." Anthony said to me. I look straight at him. Why must I do this? Why did they tell on me? I would of never done witchcraft on them. Now I am being hung tomorrow. Anthony's deep emerald eyes bore into my soul. He doesn't make a singe movement. I know he is waiting for me to give in, but I can't. I match his stare with my own.