Chapter Five

"Katherine Ashely Force! What do you think you are doing home at 1:35!" My mom yells at me. I cringe at her using my full name. But why is she yelling at me. She works to 5 everyday, so why is she home? Great something is going on. So don't want to have to worry about something else. Why is my life turning upside down all of the sudden?

"I didn't feel welll, so I came home. What are you doing home?" I said.

"Why didnt the school call then?" She asked in a very loud voice. I love how she avoided my question. Why is she yelling at me though? She lets Faith skip all the time. Must be because I'm not really her daughter. Whoa! Where did that come from? Think rational, Ash, she isn't like that. I roll my eyes at her though. She is staring me down like I'm one of her cases. She works as an investagater for the military.

"Because I didn't go to the office and told them I was leaving. I left during lunch anyways." I explained. I can tell she is beyond mad at me. Great just what I freaking need right now!

"Funny, because your lunch is at 12:00 till 1:00. If you left during lunch the latest you should of been home is 1:10. Stop lieing to me! Tell me the truth, now! Tell me if you are sneaking around with a guy, Ash!"

Wow she thinks I was with a guy. I don't say anything because that is the truth. I just didn't tell her about my run in with Cole and Lilly. Thinking about Lilly just makes me madder.

"If you don't answer me, Katherine, I will ground you!" She exclaimed. Oh my gosh! She is going to ground me for not talking. Wow!

"Fine! Go to your room. Before you go give me your cell phone and laptop." My mom yelled. Who does she think she is? She can't take that stuff away! I bought it! Something came over me because I yelled to my mom something I would never say. "No! You aren't my mother! I'm not going to listen to you! I can come home and not have to explain myself!" I instantly see hurt on her face. My heart dropped at her face. The whole you aren't my mother thing probably hit her.

"I am your mother. I may have not gave birth to you, but you're my daughter. You will never again say I'm not. Do you understand me?" She said in a hursh whisper trying to hide the hurt in her voice. I don't know, but I just snapped. "The only thing saying you are my mother is a piece of paper. That doesn't mean I'm your daughter. My name isn't suppose to be Force; it's suppose to be Skye! I'm not your family. It's time you accept that like everyone else! Even dad has accepted it!" I yell.

"I've taken care of you since you were 2 months old. You will always be my daughter. I will never accept that you aren't. I love you!" My mom is now in tears. What is wrong with me? I would never say these things to my mom. I go over to her and hug her.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I will find out. I promise. I love you, mommy." I whisper. With that said I ran upstairs and got on my computer.

***************************************************************************************************************

"You have reached your destnation." My GPS said.I park infront of a beautiful 2-story manison. Glancing at my clock I see it's 2:54. Let's hope he's home. He should be. School ends at 2. I walk up to the door and knocked. About 2 minutes  of waiting the door opens. My jaw immeditally dropped. Here Cole was in dark wash jeans and no shirt. He leans against the door frame and crosses his arms. I watch his muscles flex as he does that. Cole clears his throat. Crap I was just caught checking him out again.

"Hey." I whisper, looking at my feet.

"Why are you whispering?" Cole asked. I look up at him and shrug my shoulders. There's a few moments of awkward silence.

"Why don't you come in." Cole says stepping back. I follow him up into his room, avoiding looking at anything but my feet. As soon as he closed his bedroom door I said, "What is wrong with me? I flipped on my mom for no reason. I never do that. Oh my gosh I told her she wasn't my mom and the-"