88

[amber’s pov]

“It’s fine - it’s fine, Harry. Gotta go; I’ll call you in no time!” I silenced the phone before putting it back into the pocket of my jacket; my eyes were nailed at the frozen figure in the coffee shop who stared at me with wide eyes, as he realized I were indeed walking towards him my face carved in stone. But suddenly a smile replaced his surprised features and I saw him move over to the door he had just entered; walking out to meet me.

I swallowed hard as I reached the pavement; jaw clenched and my arms crossed, while I saw how Peter’s eyes greedily worked their way up and down my body. Adrenaline was suddenly pumping through my veins, as the icy wind blew color into my cheeks.

“What can I help you with, love?” His voice was filled with something cold and uncomfortable, as he stepped closer to me. That smirk still playing on his lips. I could see how the colors of the bruised area around his eye had nuances of dark purple and light yellow by the edges; I almost wished Harry had hit him even harder.

“You can stay the hell away from Harry for starters,” the bravery that had made me cross the street and hung up on Harry had fainted a little. But I kept my eyes nailed on Peter trying to fill them with as much hate as I could muster.

“Oh really - and get you for dessert?” Peter chuckled as my jaw fell in shock. If he hadn’t looked absolutely insane - and evil - I would probably have laughed at how stupid that comment was. But with Peter it wasn’t funny; not the way he said it. The way he tasted the words creepily delicately, formed them with acid and spoke them with maliciously arrogance, that created chills down my spine.

“But really. Do tell me why I should stay away when I am getting a way better profit not doing so; what do you have to offer, sugar? It has to be exceptionally good,” once again his eyes flew over me as he stepped closer, taking advantage of how my mouth had momentarily been paralyzed by the shock. He was only a few feet away; I could see the pattern of the icy blue in his irises; how they actually had the finest circle of the darkest blue in the inner area.

“You are being paid?” I was glad that my voice still sounded somewhat powerful as I stayed in my spot; not daring to let go off his eyes to show weakness. I clenched my fists ready to punch him where I knew he was already wounded; right in the face.

“You’re asking the wrong questions; how about you ask me why your boyfriend,” he spat the last word and a sick smile formed on his lips, “is more willing to bring you into trouble than go meet his daddy?” Peter titled his head slightly, but didn’t come closer. I was glad we weren’t standing alone in a dark alley - I was hoping maybe Niall would be watching us from the record store’s window or something.

“You just leave him the fuck alone - do you understand? He’s done absolutely nothing to deserve any of this and - and,” a storm was going on in my mind. What did Peter mean? How did he know about Harry and his dad? What did he mean with getting me into trouble?

“Oh you’re one of those types? Well - just remind him the ticket is due next Thursday. He will know what I’m referring to,” Peter’s smile grew wider over my confusion - what fucking ticket? Either Peter was lying or Harry had kept something from me. I chose to believe Harry. The past days we had talked a lot about his situation - he had accepted the job from Theo and we were figuring out a way to handle things. He wouldn’t have kept this from me. I trusted him.

“Oh and - “ I watched Peter with caution waiting for his snake mouth to tell more lies, “Amber?”

How the hell did he know my name? I couldn’t say a word in shock; Harry had ensured me Peter didn’t know it. He had kept babbling about it without a proper reason it had seemed. Just randomly telling me no one was going to bother me - and that Peter didn’t know anything about me. I hadn’t really understood his crazy concern - but with this new information; learning that Peter knew this much about everything; that he was most likely the person who told Harry’s dad, that he worked at the hotel. Things slowly started to fall into place. I just couldn’t understand why Harry hadn’t told me about it? He had kept saying Peter was dangerous, but never really explained why.