80

[amber’s pov]

“How long till you have to go?” I asked resting my head on his chest.

The sun was shining brightly in through the window down at us; it kissed my back and the side of his face. We hadn’t done anything but just lying there and talked. Occasionally we had moved around a little or he had leaned in and stolen a kiss from me. His one hand was on the small of my back while the other was behind his head; he was on his back with closed eyes while I studied his relaxed features. I couldn’t honestly remember what we had even talked about; it had just floated as a river of golden light and happy moments that my soul was collecting creedily.

He didn’t answer just frowned still with eyes closed, “what time is it?” His voice was hoarse - maybe from all the light talking or maybe from sleepiness as he lay there completely relaxed in the sun looking so effortlessly like some kind of earthbound God.

I crawled in over his chest making a chuckle escape from his chest as my movements came off a little insecure. He held me steady with one hand while I stretched my body completely across his; it was just enough so I could make out the kitchen clock around the corner; “it’s half past four. Which means I should seriously get started on my assignment, I don’t think Mr. Calvin would appreciate another late hand-in. Nevertheless you know he’s actually pretty cool for a professor.”

“How so?” Harry asked his hands having found their way around my waist after he had pulled himself a little up from the mattress into a seating position. He pulled me back into his chest with his legs on either side of me.

“He’s surprisingly young so he’s quite up-to-date with knowledge and presenting stuff in an interesting way. Besides; he actually knows how a computer works - I mean some of my other professors at uni,” I took a deep breath rolling my eyes at the thought, as I felt his chin on my shoulder, “seriously, I wanted to shoot myself when they used ten minutes to just open their damn word document or whatever!”

I shook my head lightly from the memories of those long afternoons in the crowded classrooms, while giggles danced on my lips.

“How young exactly?” Harry asked innocently but a little too rapidly furthermore almost too innocently. I tried turning around so I could see him and look at him with a puzzled grin, but his arms held me in place.

Very young,” I teased him not really sure what was going on in his mind at the moment as he nibbled at the curve of my neck his arms holding me tighter.

A deep groan escaped his full lips making my skin receive a puff of hot air.

“Does it bother you that he is young?” I asked playfully finding this new side of Harry strangely out of place yet amusing. He was usually very low key and kept to his own business; so why did he care so much about Mr. Calvin?

“Maybe,” he said placing a sweet kiss on my skin. His tone was a little too dark to be playful, which surprised me in a wickedly thrilling way.

“Why?”

He freed his one arm and lifted it. With a fingertip under my chin he turned my head a little to the side so I could see him; he was extremely close.

He wasn’t smiling - instead a green fire was burning in his eyes, “because he gets to spend all those hours in your company that I won’t.” The strange green fire grew more powerful with his every word; I could feel his heart beat against my back. I shifted in my spot so I could see him better and placed a comforting hand just above his knee nudging him without thought to it. I narrowed my eyes at him while my heart was fluttering over this protective side of him; “I could smuggle you into the lectures, you know.”