31

Louis voice once again sounded loudly in the room, as the song finished, “you guys are spreading so much love we can feel it up here! This last song is a cover of Arctic Monkeys song R U Mine. We hope to see all of you beautiful people out in the city nightlife later! Thank you for letting us start off your Saturday.” Harry kicked the song alive with the first more rocky tune from his guitar. The drums joined and lastly Louis, who was grabbing the mic with both hands. I knew the melody - it had been on one of the albums, which Niall had lend me this week. I couldn’t help thinking this was the perfect song for Little Nothings to cover.

“You should go say hi after they’ve finished then! I’ve always wanted to tell them their music rocks,” Niall encourage me with that smirk still playing on his lips. With each word slipping from his mouth I grew more nervous. Those butterflies started fluttering so terribly in my stomach again. The memory of the green eyes from the nightmare washed back in over me. How I had managed to hurt the curly haired boy not only once but twice with my reckless questions. Maybe I should stop appearing randomly wherever he seemed to be? Though it definitely wasn't intentionally... Suddenly the room was too warm, too many people stuck in one place, too many thoughts. The thousands and thousands of thoughts and memories I had tried desperately suppressing the entire past week came washing in over me. I should really not intrude in his life like this.

“I… I don’t know…”

Niall seemed to catch onto my sudden ill-being, as concern washed into his blue eyes. I must look like hell, “I think you have to get out in the fresh air.” He spoke in a matter of fact tone, and I simply nodded as I pinched the bridge of my nose. Holy shit. I had not expected to run into Harry tonight - if anything I had come here in a try to forget about the damn boy I hadn’t been supposed to ever meet again.

[harry’s pov]

The beat was running through my every vein. The lyrics - I knew by heart as that was the exact place they had been formed and created. I grinned as Louis hit a perfect note playing with the melody making it float in a new wicked way. The vocal control that boy possessed was beyond this world. He had always been the outgoing one, the face of the band, the image. Here in this nirvana near state I could almost let the thoughts of Amber fly off, as the music was enough to keep my every vibrating cell occupied. Being part of something like this was like a holy thing. It gave life meaning in some new indescribable way. I could create an entirely new world merely with a new mixture of chords.

“All I wanna hear her say is - Are you mine?” As the words drifted from my entire being, joining Louis’ in that perfect harmonize, which we a year ago had discovered, my eyes drifted over the familiar place. How many times had we not been playing here? Since I had arrived to town to permanently stay everything had escalated further.

My eyes drifted briefly over a boy with dyed blonde hair, who was leaning in over a table in the right side of the room. The girl had chestnut brown shoulder length hair, as he put a hand on her shoulder she moved her head a little in surprise. Her face turned slightly towards my direction. It all happened in a snap of a second, then my attention was back to the song.

But I couldn’t help thinking that it had been her. It had been Amber. Hadn’t it? That brown hair, her frame, the profile. But then she was here with someone else?

As the song neared its end I looked after the couple again - only to find them walking towards the door, pushing their way through the crowd. And now I knew. As I saw her standing I knew it was her. It was Amber.

Louis practically didn’t get to finished the last note, before I had lifted the guitar strap over my head and made a run for the back entrance. I had no idea what I was doing I just knew I couldn’t let her go again.