•50•

"We got paired up for the assignment." She waved a packet in the air and I took it from her hands. I looked over the front page and sighed. School was honestly the last thing I wanted to worry about right now. It didn't help that I'd have to be working on this alone with Soojung.

"We can start working on it next week." I ran my hand through my hair and groaned. I'd been distracted a lot lately, I'd forgotten all about the project. I didn't expect to get paired with Soojung. I definitely wouldn't say that I'm glad that I got paired with Soojung, but I know that she has good grades and she'll help a lot on this grade.

She raised her eyebrow at me. "Shouldn't we start working on it sooner? We don't have forever to get this done."

"I need a little time. I'm really busy with something right now, I'll be too distracted to help with anything." She shrugged and nodded. "Okay, we'll start working next week. When should I come over?"

I sighed. The last time Soojung had been at this house I'd kicked her out and told her to leave me alone, now she was acting like nothing ever happened. I was thankful for it, it made it less awkward. But at the same time she makes it seem like nothing ever happened between us. I shook away the though, this was the least of my worries. I couldn't seem to get Y/N off my mind. She seemed to be in my thoughts more than usual lately. Usually I could at least pay enough attention in school to get by, I wouldn't even be able to focus on this project. I should've gone after her today, but I'm glad I didn't. Really glad. I didn't want to get into that talk again, I knew we'd somehow get to the topic of Jisung and I wasn't looking forward to that.

I hated the thought of her being around Jisung. I hated even more hearing that she was actually with him. The other day when Mina said that Y/N had left her to go hang out with Jisung, I had felt myself get angry. I tried not to show it towards Mina, I'm pretty sure I failed.

I'd heard everything there was to hear about Jisung. He would use girls, cheat on them, do drugs, and hang out with even worse people. He wasn't a good person for Y/N to be around. I don't even know how they knew each other. Jisung had never talked to any of us before. He definitely wanted something from Y/N.

"Hello? Are you alive?" Soojung waved her hand in front of me. I got pulled out of my thoughts and looked at her, letting out a light chuckle. "Sorry."

"Damn, you weren't lying when you said you were distracted." She laughed. "What's wrong?" I shook my head. I didn't want to get into it, especially not with her. "It's nothing. You can come over this weekend. We'll start on Sunday." She nodded and walked over to me, grabbing the papers back from my hands. "I'll take these." She smiled and gave me a small wave. "See you on Sunday."

She walked out and back down the hallway. I heard the front door open and close. I took a deep breath and leaned against the wall for a minute. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, looking through my notifications.

I was hoping to see one from Y/N. A text message, phone call, something. Seeing there were none, I sighed and put the phone back in my pocket.

I made my way to my room and threw myself under the covers on my bed. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. I was starting to get a headache and I wanted any way to escape from this.

I woke up and looked around. The room was dark and I couldn't see anything. I checked my phone. 2:39 a.m. I tried going back to sleep, but I couldn't. I got out of bed and walked over towards the door. I flipped on the light switch. "Fucking hell that was a bad idea." I covered my eyes as my room lit up. I walked out of the room and made my way downstairs, trying not to trip down the stairs.

I got a cup of water and went back up to my room, turning off the light and getting in bed. I started scrolling though my phone. I saw a picture of Y/N and sighed. I put down my phone and looked at the ceiling.

I replayed this afternoon in my mind, once again regretting closing the door on her. I always seemed to fuck something up with Y/N which explained why she had never showed any interest in my before.

I felt my eyelids growing heavy and I closed my eyes falling back to sleep.