4 - Hunter's Confession

(Ryder's POV)

I awake in a unfamiliar room and unfamiliar bed. The walls are blue and have pieces of paper tacked all over them. As I'm scanning the room, I see a guitar on top of the dresser with the words "For The Love Of Music" written on the pick guard in what looks to be chalk. I continue to look around the room, until I notice a person with blonde hair sleeping on the love-seat to the right of me, with their back turned. Curious too find out who it is, I sit up and begin to stand. Once I'm standing, I fall down and memories of the other day flood into my brain.

Crap! My right leg is broken!

When I fall, my body hitting the floor makes a huge thud. The person on the love-seat jumps awake, rolls over and gasps.

"Oh my God! Ryder, are you okay?" I hear Hunter's voice panicky ask.

Sure enough, I look up to see Hunt's bright blue eyes, and blonde bedhead.

Dang, even with bedhead he still looks cute!

"Yeah, I guess. I'd completely forgotten about the whole thing a couple days ago," I answer, as he helps me back into the bed.

"How'd you know you'd been out for a few days?"

"Because, I didn't wake up as fast as I normally do when I  go to sleep. And, plus, I got knocked out."

"Oh. Anyway, how much do you remember from  last Wednesday?" he asks me.

"Well," I start, I squint trying to remember, "I remember you walking me to the door. I remember Charles getting mad at me for not talking. I remember him beating me up. I remember him pushing me down the stairs and breaking my leg. I remember screaming and him throwing me into the wall. And the last thing I remember is you. You were crying, and you picked me up. Then you said, "Let's get you outta here,". By the time I finished, I was in tears remembering the horrible event.

I looked over at Hunter. His eyes are watery and tears are streaming down his cheeks.

"Why are you crying?" I ask.

"Because that son of a gun hurt you. And because I was there. I could've gone in there and saved you. Instead, I was a wimp and waited for the cops.......Ryder, I may have only known you for a week, and half that time was with you unconscious, but I have some feelings for you. Whether their just friendly or their something else, I don't know, but whatever the case may be, I want to keep you safe. And last week, I felt like I didn't do a very good job. I feel like it's my fault," he said with tears coming down his face like a waterfall. Hunter hung his head like a sad puppy.

I was shocked! No one had ever said anything like that to me, before. Not even my parents. I felt bad knowing that he thought this was his fault. He hadn't done anything wrong. If anything, he saved my life, and I was extremely grateful. The other thing that shocked me was the whole feelings thing. He might like me?

I hope he does!

"Hunter," I say, looking at him, "look at me."

He wiped the tears away with his hand, and looked right me in the eyes.

"It's not your fault. If you hadn't of been there, I most likely would have died. He would've beaten me more, even thought I was knocked out. You saved me from that hell-hole. And I'm eternaly greatful for that." Once again, I was in tears, and so was Hunter.

(Hunter's POV)

I wasn't gonna tell her this, but I still felt like it was my fault. After hearing her say that, I couldn't help myself. I wrapped my arms around her waist and gave her a hug. I was careful not to hug too hard. I didn't want to hurt her. She didn't return the hug at first, because she was in a bit of shock. Then, after a second or two, she wrapped her arms around my neck and nuzzled her head into the crook of my neck. It just felt so right to have her in my arms, for her to have her face in my neck. After what seemed like hours, we finally let go of each other.

"Now," Ryder started, "where am I and what day is it?"

I had completely forgotten to tell her where she was.

"My room and It's Sunday the seventh."

I looked at her, and she looked like she was feeling guilty.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Have you been sleeping on the love-seat since Wednesday night?"

"Yeah."

"Why wasn't I sleeping on there? I mean, it's your bed," she questioned.

"Because the doctor said that laying you on a bed was the best idea, and we don't have an extra bed."

"Speaking of the doctor, what am I here and not at the hospital?"

How the heck am I supposed to explain this in a way that makes sense? It doesn't even make sense to me!

"Well, apparently, your uncle never sent in the insurance papers that were sent to him, so they couldn't take you in. But, my neighbor's a doctor, and my mom got him to come over and take a look at you."

We began to talk about everything, and we both learned more about each other. I found out that her full name was Ryder Clarice Cason, and she found out that my parent's names were Leo and Lynette.

"Hunter?"

"Yeah?"

"Where are your parents?"

"At Church. Why?"

"Why aren't you there too?"

"Because I didn't want you to wake up and be all alone in a place you'd never been before."

She looked as if she was gonna cry tears of joy.

"You know something?" she said.

"What?"

"I don't think anyone has ever been as nice and caring to me in my whole life. And I'm extremely thankful that I finally have someone who does care."

"What about your parents?"

"My parents were just... there. The only time they spent anytime with me was when it was someone's birthday. They let me do whatever I wanted, and they didn't care. I even heard my dad say that he wouldn't care if I came home pregnant at 15 and that I was a mistake. Even thought they said those things and did those things, I still loved them."

Her saying that just made me want to cry again. We continued to talk until there was a knock on my door.

A/N: Hello! I just wanted to say how thankful I am to Nethii120700! She was my inspiration to start writing my stories and has been one of the few people that I know of that gave me their thoughts at the end of a couple chapters. So, thank you for inspiring me and encouraging me to continue!