☁︎ 1 ☁︎

» The Rain Was Coming Down Hard «

So far, this talk was not going as planned.

"Look Namjoon," she started, making the man flinch, "You're just not giving me what I need anymore."

"What have I not given you?" He snapped back, I gave you love, a beautiful son, and I thought I gave you happiness."

"Namjoon, don't bring Jimin into this." She replied, over with the whole initial fight.

Namjoon was coming home late again, what could he say? Trying to get himself somewhere besides the underground rapping scene wasn't the easiest thing to achieve.

"I'm not going to." He finished, turning and beginning to make his exit. He paused for a moment with a hand on the handle of the front door, "I'm picking up my things tomorrow."

The street had occasional cars pass, but at that time of night it was rare to find an unclaimed taxi.

Namjoon wiped the rain water from his face as he stood in the storm. Another car began driving down the street, a taxi.

Namjoon attempted to see if there was anybody in the back, Oh thank god. He thought to himself, I'm saved.

He managed to wave down the taxi and get in. Namjoon told the driver his address while the vehicle made its journey through the storm.

The man thought back to the argument that had took place hours earlier, looking out to the street through the rain covered window.

"Sir, pull over by that man with the pink umbrella." Namjoon said, the driver hummed as he pulled next to the soft looking man.

"Get in." Namjoon Instructed while pushing open the door, the man shook his head.

"No no, it's okay. I'll wait for the next one."

"What next one?"

The man looked around at the empty street, hesitating before closing his pink umbrella and climbing in.

"You really didn't have to." He cooed sweetly, earning a hum from Namjoon. He gave the driver his address before turning back to the man who had rescued him from the dark storm.

"I did," he began, "I know how hard it is to find a taxi at this time of night."

"Yeah," he paused, "uh, I'm Jin."

"Namjoon." He replied bowing his head slightly, "Why were you out so late?" He asked curiously.

"I was grabbing medicine for my son, a few hours ago he broke a fever." Jin explained as Namjoon's eyes widen slightly with shock.

"Oh you have children?" He wondered why he was so curious of the stranger.

"Yeah, just one. He's two."

"I have one the same age."

"Oh really? That's–"

"Sir, we're here." The driver interrupted.

"Alright, thank you." Jin replied as he grabbed his umbrella.

"We should talk again sometime, maybe over coffee?" Namjoon proposed, a soft shade of pink covering his cheeks in embarrassment.

"That sounds nice." Jin agreed. "Are you available sometime next week?"

"Totally, how's Tuesday or Thursday?" Namjoon asked, Jin smiled.

"Tuesday's perfect." He paused, "How's noon?"

"Perfect." Namjoon replied as Jin got out.

"Thank you so much Namjoon, I'll see you Tuesday at noon." Jin smiled.

"Perfect." Namjoon whispered under his breath as he watched the man run into the house.

The taxi began moving once again, driving for a little while longer before pulling up to Namjoon's apartment building and dropping him off.

The man bolted out in the rain and into the warmth of his own home, waiting for the elevator.

A familiar face turned the corner, making the man smile. "Hey Suga."

Min Yoongi, also known to Namjoon as Suga. They had been friends for years; both young underground rappers trying to get somewhere.

"Hey, how'd the talk go?" He asked as the two men waited for the elevator together.

"I'm leaving her." Namjoon replied simply.

"This time for good."

Hello!
Thanks so much for checking this FF out!
Credit to Justeen_96 for the main story idea. 💕

Vote and Comment if you like it so far?
I guess? I dunno.
I like reading your guys' comments they motivate me and give me ideas for new chapters/stories! So keep it up! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

— TJKPOP