Chapter 6: Autobot or Decepticon?

Chestnut awoke in The Nemisis medical bay, grumbling as her side was still sore from the attack. BoneFeather looked at her and smiled as she awoke. She then looked at KnockOut and purred. "Well now... Chestnut was it?" KnockOut asked. Chestnut nodded. "Right. Well your injury is fixed and you'll be back on your feet in a few days. BoneFeather will keep an eye on you and I will make sure you don't get killed by DreadWing."
BoneFeather looked at Chestnut smiling. "Don't worry KnockOut's nice. It's Meagtron, StarScream, ShockWave, and DreadWing you have to woory about," she purred. "Right..." Chestnut snorted at BoneFeather, laying her head down in her front talons. "You two get along now. I need to deliver these energon scans to Lord Megatron," KnockOut chuckled. BoneFeather nodded and went back to telling Chestnut about the Decepticons. "The troopers generally stay out of our way, and SoundWave mainly works on the computers. He never fails Megatron, unlike StarScream who..." BoneFeather said. Chestnut went into power down about half way through BoneFeather's little... rant about the cons.
Meanwhile on the brige, Megatron was giving StarScream his usual beating, SoundWave was typing away at the controls for the warship, and the troopers were watching as StarScream was launched in KnockOut's direction landing at his feet. "Lord Megatron. I have those scans you asked for," KnockOut said looking up from StarScream. "Good... you see StarScream some of us can get work done," Megatron growled. "Of course, my leige," StarScream whimpered standing and backing out of the brige. "Back to work! All of you!" Megatron ordered. "And KnockOut. Be sure that the predacon you brought here is comfortable. The more predacons we have the better." KnockOut nodded and started to head back to the medical bay.
He was nervous that Megatron would harm Chestnut to force her to bow down to him. When he entered the med bay he saw the two of them in power down. He smiled to himself and wandered over to them and fell into power down himself.

.:Next Day:.

Chestnut stretched her wings bumping one of them into KnockOut. "Sorry," she grumbled. "It's fine. Wait... you just spoke in beast mode," KnockOut said looking at her. "Yeah I learned," she grumbled again. BoneFeather was already up and on the flight deck. Chestnut yawned showing off her sharp teeth. "Nice teeth," KnockOut complimented. "Thanks. Nice paint job," Chestnut said back. He smiled and returned to his work.

On the flight deck BoneFeather was told by StarScream that they would work on her energon hunting skills. she tilted her head at this confused, but spread her wings and took off anyways. She hovered for a moment before picking up a faint scent of energon, and began to fly in that direction with Screamy on her back. It felt good to be back in the air, even without KnockOut. Folding in her wings and diving straight for the ground opening them before they hit the ground landing gently. 'That's why he's called StarSCREAM,' she thought, he screamed during their dive. They landed in front of an untouched energon mine. "Miserable beast," StarScream mumbled. BoneFeather whipped her head around and glared at him growling loudly.

"So whats your affiliation?" KnockOut asked Chestnut. "Does it matter?"she asked back. KnockOut nodded. "Autobot then," she answered. "Hm... I don't see the Autobot insignia. Just the Predacon one,"KnockOut said. "I never got the Autobot insignia," Chestnut answered again. KnockOut stroked her helm. She purred in delight. "Well Lord Megatron would expect you say Decepticon," KnockOut said. "Or what?" she asked. "Or he'll send you to ShockWave," he answered. "Oh," she said lowering her helm. "Also who named you?" KnockOut asked. Miko had given her her name of 'Chestnut'. She wouldn't admit it, but she liked it. "Oh, one of the humans I met named me," she answered. "Hmm... I'm guessing it was the... one with pink in her head fluff," KnockOut replied. Chestnut nodded.

The doors suddendly opened and a femme walked in. She was brown with black stripes and green eyes, with cat-like audial receptors and paws for pedes and claws for servos. She had a small skinny tail and fanged teeth, along with jet like wing pointed downwards. She gasped at the sight of Chestnut. "Oh. My. Primus, KnockOut why didn't you tell me there was another predacon aboard the ship," she said exitedly. "Right. CatEar, this is Chestnut. Chestnut CatEar," KnockOut introduced the two. CatEar was true to her name, as her face plates resmebled a cats face, minus the whiskers and the fur. "She's so adorable. How did you meet her?" CatEar asked, sitting in front of Chestnut. CatEar seemed nice. "Well BoneFeather dragged her along with us after a run in with the Autobots, she was injured," KnockOut explained. "Who would harm such a beutiful beast?" CatEar asked, stroking Chestnut's helm. She purred and pressed her helm into CatEar's claw like servos. KnockOut looked away. "It was DreadWing wasn't it," she hissed.

CatEar clearly didn't like DreadWing because she spiked up and her optics turned from emerald green to blood red. "Don't worry. Chestnut will give him a good beating once she gets back on her feet," KnockOut said. CatEar's armor smoothed down and her optics bled back into green. "Good! In the meantime I can keep her company," she said back to her normal cheery self. She wagged her tail stroking Chestnut's helm and moved to her side, running her hand along her armor before settling down near her wing. "This is the song the Storm King sings as over the world his cloak he flings," CatEar sang quietly. Chestnut looked at her curiously, the song sounded familiar. CatEar sighed. "I learned that song from a human," she said yawning and falling into power down with Chestnut. 'Should I join them or remain an Autobot prisoner?' She thought before falling into power down with KnockOut close behind.

A/N: Ok so at this point meeting CatEar has made Chestnut question where her loyalties lie. Also Cat has two alts, cat and jet. She likes her cat mode better cause she's sneaker and a little lot less destructive. I used my own cat as a template for her.