Chapter 3: A Deadly Call

Arcee and Chestnut were wandering through a very jungle like territory. Chestnut was in her bot mode, which was mainly like Rust's bot mode. "We close yet?" Chestnut asked. "Hard to tell, the signal keeps dropping out and then reappearing," Arcee answered. Chestnut kept her ears perked, and her guard up. 'This seems all to familiar, like something from a nightmare,' she thought looking for anything that could give a sign as to what it was they were following.
   They kept walking for about an hour before coming up on a graveyard. Pieces of vehicon troopers were everywhere, torn apart by something big. "No..." Chestnut whispered. Arcee looked at her. "We need to leave. Now," she continued pretty sternly. "Wait there's still a signal coming from this direction," Arcee said pointing the tracker towards a cliff, which had a corner. She started to move towards it. "Ugh. Wait up," Chestnut growled following Arcee around the corner, changing her one of her servos into a blade, that was hooked at the end.
   When they rounded the corner they were surprised. They found Vehicons trapped in amber like cocoons, and in the midst of all of them the red and white mech struggling to escape his cocoon. Chestnut walked over to him, curious as too why he was trying to escape his impenetrable cocoon. He saw me and Arcee and grumbled.
  "I assume helping is out of the question?" He asked annoyed. Arcee looked at him equally annoyed. "I assume you two know each other," Chestnut said. "You could say that," Arcee growled, wandering away from the mech. Chestnut heated up her blade getting ever so closer to the mech, who was now terrified. "Relax. I'm not gonna finish you off, just getting you out of here," She said, etching her blade slowly into the cocoon. As she did the mech, who she discovered was named KnockOut, closed his eyes in sheer terror waiting for the heated blade to melt his armor and for the pred to destroy him. Only when the cocoon shattered like glass and he fell to his knees expecting the worst, Chestnut turned her blade back to her servo, then she helped KnockOut back onto his feet, he was suprised by the preds actions, staring at her before running back the way the Arcee and Chestnut came. Arcee looked at Chestnut confused as to why she would help a Decepticon. "Why did you help the Decepticon medic?" She asked. "Even though they harmed your friend."
   "Even if the Decepticons harmed Lucky, he was not one of the ones who harmed her. He hasn't done anything to us three," Chestnut explained. Then a loud sound resounded in the canyon. Chesnut grabbed Arcee and ran towards the canyon entrance rounding the corner. She then dropped Arcee and held her back against the wall while the shrieks of the creature kept pounding in Chestnuts brain. 'Ignore the shrieks! Remember to keep Arcee out of danger!' she thought, but the pain, it was unbareable. It felt as though her head would crack like a simple egg, she fell to one knee growling in pain as the shreiks decemated her audial receptors, it was too much for her she yelled in agony, with Arcee kneeling beside her who placed her servo on Chestnuts head.
   The beast must of heard the yell because a few minutes later an orange, and yellow metalic head with blue audial fins appered it looked at them and roared causing Chestnut to scream in pain. Arcee turned her servo into a blaster and shot the beast straight in the head it recoiled in pain and growled before running back to it's prey flying off with a vehicon in it's cocoon. Arcee changed her blaster back to servo, and returned to Chestnut examining her helm which had a small crack in her audial receptor. She was weakened by the shrieks. "We'd better get out of here, before Screechy comes back," Arcee said helping Chestnut up. She nodded in agreement, getting up slowly and weakly.
   Hours later they came up on a little beach, where Chestnut fell still weakened by the beasts shrieks. "Ratchet we need a bridge," Arcee tried to comm base, but all she got in return was static. "The shrieks from that thing must have scrambled the signal. Looks like were on our own for now. Unti then, I want to know what that thing was and what was with those shrieks?"
  Chestnut nodded again, only she grumbled in pain. "Alright. That. That was  DeathSong, one of the most dangerous Predacons there ever was. He survived by trapping himself in his amber blasts. He uses his energon attracting abilities to draw in other predacons, before trapping them and eating them to survive. He must have been brought here by the Decepticons," she explained coughing every now and then. "Ok... so what was it that made you give away our position?" Arcee asked, sitting next to Chestnut. "His sub-sonic screeches. They dont affect Autobots or Decepticons, only Predacons," She grumbled at the last part. "Sub-Sonics?" Arcee said. Chestnut nodded slowly grumbling in pain. "DeathSong won't be easy to take down, especially since he could evolve his screeches to affect BOTH Autobots and Predacons alike," Chestnut whispered audibly, but weakly. "We need to get you back to Ratchet," Arcee said, tapping her comm only to get more static. The effects of the sub-sonic screeches hadn't worn off yet, as they wouldn't for a few more hours. Chestnut coughed a few more times before falling backwards, unconcious. Arcee noticed and rushed to her side, checking to if she was still alive,which thankfully she was, but weak and internally injured.
   "RATCHET! COME IN!" Arcee nearly yelled, which caught the attention of certain red and white mech, who was headed towards the same little beach in hopes of escaping DeathSong's jaws. KnockOut recognized it as Arcee, and figured it would be worth checking out. He headed closer and faster towards the small beach, when he got there Arcee was kneeling over the same predacon that helped him escape his amber prison. KnockOut decided to get closer only to be shot at by Arcee. "Watch the finish!" he yelled at her, landing on the sand. "I'm only here to help."

A/N: YAY! Another chapter is down and this is longer than the last one. I know that the Death Song is HTTYD: RTTE, but I got to thinking... what if there was a predacon who resembled and had the same abilities as one. Hehehe, deadliness. Also if anyone out there watches Transformers: RID, then you know where the sub-sonics idea came from. There will be more of DeathSong in later chapters, but for now I am off to working on the next one!