Chapter 12

(Kirstie's POV)

*Monday Morning*

I woke up, and looked at the clock in shock. "Avi, Avi! Wake up!" I shook him.

"Huh? Wha-What happened? You okay?" He said, looking worried.

"Avi, it's 9 o'clock in the morning! We're late for school!" I yelled, getting out of bed.

"Why can't we just stay here today?" he whined.

"Because, I told Mitch and Scott I would be there today! And, my parents will he back at around noon!" I exclaimed, showing him the text from my mom.

"Oh, can't you text Scott and Mitch saying that you don't feel well and I'm staying here? And we can go back to my apartment and hang out. Kevin won't mind, I promise." he pleaded. Man, he wasn't giving up, was he?

I sighed, "Fine, but you owe me."

"Will a kiss pay my dues?"

"I don't know, maybe." I smiled, texting my friends, and my parents.

"Well, while you figure that out, I'm gonna go brush my teeth" He said, getting up. On his way to the bathroom, he stopped and kissed me on the cheek.

"Aw, so romantic." I smiled, joking. He smiled at me as he walked into the bathroom.

"Aren't I always?" he laughed.

"Sure, we'll go with that."

"What? I am." he pouted.

"I'm kidding," I laughed as he started to brush his teeth.

We finished cleaning up, and decided to head back to Avi's place. I hope Kevin doesn't mind me being there.

We walked in the door of Avi's apartment to see Kevin on the couch. "Hey, shouldn't y'all be in school?"

"We could ask you the same," I smirked, "Hey Kev."

"So, lover boy decided to finally bring you back around?"

"Yeah, we woke up late, and because my parents are getting back home at about noon, we decided to just come here." I shrugged.

"Oh, okay. How is Avi able to always spend weekends at your house?"

"What, is this 20 Questions or something?" Avi joked.

"Kevin, to answer your question, he's able to spend weekends at my house because my parents work through the week, so on weekends they go out of town to be away from the city. They let me stay home alone so I can hang out with friends."

"Do they know Avi stays with you?"

"No, I don't think they know about Avi and me dating." Avi grabbed my hand, lacing together our fingers. "I'll have to ell them though, considering we're going to Prom together." I smiled at Avi.

"Yeah, do they not like Avi or something?" Kevin asked, yet another question.

"Yeah, they like him, they've just been so busy. I don't really get to talk to them much." I shrugged.

"I'm sorry, Kirst." Kevin apologized.

"It's fine. Anyways, what are we doing today?"

"Do you want to go get your Prom dress? Might as well get it over with."

"We got our Prom clothes yesterday." Avi answered. "We can still go to the mall though."

"Okay, to the mall it is!" With that, we all stood up and got in Avi's truck.