Chapter 3

( Kirstie's POV)

Avi and I walk in the school building and all eyes look towards us and our intertwined fingers. I can hear them whispering.

Some comments weren't bad.

Awww!

I shuffled a little closer to Avi. I think he knew what was wrong, because he whispered in my ear, "Why do people always have to pick on someone for something they're doing or have done? Why should it matter?"

"Because they aren't perfectly mannered like you," I said to him with a smile.

"And they aren't as perfect as you." he responded to my compliment to him.

"Trust me, I'm not perfect, Avi." I mumbled, hoping he wouldn't hear me, but he did.

"How can you think you aren't?"

"That's easy," I mumbled again.

"What was that? I didn't hear you?"

"Oh, I didn't say anything." Avi, don't.

"Really? Because it sounded like insecurity to me...What's wrong, Kirst? You can tell me anything, you know that."

"It's nothing. It's fine." Stop.

"It apparently isn't though." he argued. You're right, something is wrong. I wanted so badly to tell him.

"Avi, it's fine, I have to go to class. I'll see you later." Don't follow me down the hall.

Too late.

"Kirstie, come on, tell me!"

"No! it's fine! I'm gonna be late. I'll see you later."

"Fine." And with that, he left me be.

I actually wanted Avi to chase after me. I guess he doesn't like me like that.

Maybe he does though! My subconscious butted in.
•••••
After School that day
•••••
From Avi:
I'll be at your house in 10

Of course. He probably wants to ask about today..I have to tell him or else he'll keep asking. I can't have him finding out by himself. What if he's mad? What if he doesn't like me anymore? But, what if he feels sorry. That would be worse. I don't want pity. I want him.