What Are The Odds?

(A/N: Lately I've been extremely busy re-painting four rooms in my house. I basically spent the whole entire week painting! Ugh, good thing I'm finally finished with it all. Okay, done with my complaining and back to the main reason why I'm writing this. I'm not sure where this story is even going to go and I'm sorta struggling with it already. I did have some idea what I wanted to write about, but unfortunately I have this really short memory so I forgot what I was going to write about already. This chapter may be short because I don't where to start. Plus, sorry for the late update, I'll try to update as often as I can. Thank you for reading Mixed Emotions, I love you all! ♥)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rogue, are you alright?" Reese asked while walking out of the restaurant and placing his hand on my shoulder while looking into my eyes showing concern. 

I breathed in and huffed out loudly as I watched my breathe vapor in the chilling air. I continue to stare at Reese because I have no idea what to tell him. What do you tell a guy who thinks you're 100 percent straight that you're madly in love with your straight best friend and can't stand seeing some person, let alone a guy, even get near your best friend?

Throughout this whole damn dinner Nathan couldn't keep his hands to himself. He was constantly rubbing up Haydens' arm and he would occasionally place his hand on her thigh. I couldn't help but get jealous. Why couldn't I be the one getting so close to her and showing her how much she meant to me? I can't believe she hasn't even realized all he wants from her is sex. Knowing that Nathan is a man whore he's probably going to tell her some made up bull shit that he loves her so she'll sleep with him and then he'll leave her. I can't let some guy hurt my best friend like that. I have to try to get him out of here before Hayden starts to believe she's inlove with him.

Reese squeezes my shoulder slightly and is even more concerned than before. I guess it's because I haven't given him an answer yet. Should I tell him the truth or just say everything is completely fine?

A chill runs down my spine and I shake slightly. Reese gets the hint that I'm freezing my ass off and wraps his jacket around my shoulders. I half smile as I look down at my feet determining whether or not I should tell him. I don't even know him for Gods sake! Maybe I should just hold back and just tell him everything's alright.

"Reese I..." I start, but I don't know where I was going with it. I absolutely have no idea what to say. I watched a couple walk down the street, holding each other to keep warm and giving quick loving glances at eachother. I envied them. They are so lucky to have eachother. I wish I had the one I love in my arms like them right now..

Reese stares and me intently and hugs me tightly and to my surprise I let him. I needed comfort right now and for some reason I feel like I could trust him with everything. I lay my head into his neck and wrap my arms around him, bringing him closer so I can keep warm. 

"Whatever it is, it will be okay. You don't have to tell me anything, but I want you to know that you can trust me even if we barely know eachother." Reese says with a smirk and hugs me tighter then releases me while staring caringly into my eyes. I return the smile and he continues talking.

"I know that you don't want to be on this date and to be honest, I don't either." I look at him shocked. 'He doesn't want to be here? Why?'

I'm assuming he saw my shocked and quizzical expression so he continued.

"Well, I recently got out of this serious relationship so Nathan thought it would be good for me to go on a date with some girl to try to cheer me up. It's only been a week since the break up and he seriously thinks I want to do this now?" He sighs angrily, runs a hand through his short, brown curly hair and looks down at the ground.

Now it's my turn to try to comfort him. I hug him and give Reese the best smile I could come up with. He looks up at me and smiles back. 

"I don't even know why he set me up on a date with a girl. I'm.... Well, I'm gay." My jaw drops at his last sentence. 'HE'S WHAT?! What are the odds of that? He's gay.. Oh my gosh, Reese is gay!' My expression changes from pure shock to a huge ass smile planted on my face. Reeses' eyes suddenly open wide.

"I-I can't believe I just told you that. Oh gosh, don't tell anyone, please. No one is supposed to know." He says frantically. I burst out laughing and he looks at me like I've gone completely insane.

"I'm gay too!" I say while I'm laughing. 'Wow, that felt so good to say. He's the only person I've ever told my biggest secret too and it's funny that he's just like me. I don't feel so alone anymore.'

Reese looks at me with disbelief  and starts to laugh along with me.

"We were both set up on a date, by our best friends, and it turns out we're both gay. Wow, what are the odds of that?" Reese says as he continues laughing and then we both quiet down.

"Does anyone know? I mean, does anyone know about you being gay?" He asks.

I shake my head 'no' and he nods. "Well, I guess this is our little secret. If I may ask, do you happen to like Hayden?"

"W-why would you ask that? Is it that obvious?" I ask a bit on edge. 'I hope it isn't obvious at all. I can't have people knowing I'm inlove with her! Everything would end up fucked up if people knew about me and my feelings towards my best friend.'

"No reason it's just I noticed you looking at her during dinner. You weren't staring in a friendly way though it was more like you were full of lust. You should be more careful if you don't want anyone to find out. You're lucky neither of them caught your creepy stares. The reason why I placed my hand on your arm was to take your eyes off of her. It was actually starting to creep me out." Reese chuckles softly.

I punch his arm playfully and laugh with him. "I was not staring at her! There was a painting behind her and it caught my interest." I said with a smirk knowing full well he knows that I'm lying.

"Yeah, uh-huh, that's what you were definitely looking at." Reese says with sarcasm and grins at me.

Everything gets quiet again for a few minutes and I shift on my feet feeling a tad uncomfortable. 'I just told this guy, who I just met, that I was gay and I was inlove with my best friend. He's the first person ever to know about this. If this gets out I don't know what I'll do.'

Reese suddenly holds out his hand and stares at me. I look back at him when he says, "Can we both have an agreement that we will never tell a soul about what we talked about and possibly become friends?"

I take his hand and shake it while grinning from ear to ear. "Yeah, I could do that. But first, I think we should head back to dinner because I'm pretty sure Hayden is freaking out by. We've been out here for about," I look at my purple watch on my left wrist, "15 minutes and I'm freezing my ass off."

He once again chuckles and grabs my hand. I raise an eyebrow at his sudden movement and I squeeze his hand tightly then slightly release it. He smiles and we both head back into the beautifully huge (and expensive) restaurant. I take a deep breath as we both head over to the table we were sitting at. Haydens' head immediately pops up and stares at me with a quizzical look. I smile at her trying to reassure her that everything's fine. She gets the hint and nods. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I'm going to stop writing right here because it's 2:30 am (it's weird, I always end up writing when it's super late) and I'm super tired. I also have to get up early today to go to work. I'll try to update soon. I love all of my readers!