The Perfect Night Part 3

Rogue's POV-

Reese has been talking about this surprise he has waiting for me for days and tonight is the night I will finally figure out what this huge surprise of his is. To be completely honest I am actually really excited for this but Reese can't know that because I've been acting like I hate surprises. I love them. I hope whatever this huge surprise is will lighten the atmosphere around here. I have been dreading going out and doing things in general lately. I do have a legitimate reason for that, though I've decided that I will allow myself one night to let everything go, clear my mind, and not only make me happy but also make Reese happy. He has been struggling with everything that's happening too so he deserves this for going through all of this trouble with me.

'BANG! BANG! BANG!' A fist knocks harshly against my bedroom door so loudly that I jump and let out a little scream.

"For God's sake Rogue how long does it take you to get ready?!" Reese yells through my door.

I roll my eyes and smile. "I'll be out in just a minute, I promise!"

Reese leans against the other side of the door and bangs his head on the frame.

"Seriously, I promise. I just have to find the perfect shoes to match with my new outfit. You did say this was a nice place we're going to, right?"

"I've been waiting here for a half hour because you haven't found the right shoes?" He says exhaustingly with a tint of irritation.

"Well I can't go out in my converse! I'll look like a fool." I run around my messy room, hop over the large dirty piles of clothes, and make my way towards my closet in order to make sure I hadn't looked over the pair I've been searching for. "I'm almost done, I swear." I say one last time. I grab onto the glass door and pull it open once more, bend over, and move everything and anything out of my way in search of my new pair of shoes. Clothing of different shades of black hung lazily from the hangers as if they were about to fall any moment now. I move all of my t-shirts, dresses, etc, out of my way so I can get even further inside of the closet. 'I swear I have just gotten out of here.' I snort at my own stupid gay joke. Okay, okay that was really lame, I promise I won't say anymore that bad.

Way in the back of my closet a shiny grey new box shines brightly. 'Ah-ha!'

"Found them!"

"About damn time." Reese sighs.

I lift the lid of the small box and stare at my own shoes in awe. They aren't all that amazing but these are the only nice pair I own. Long black pumps lay like goddesses within the box facing oppositely of one another. A small silver symbol of two C's interlocking catches my eye as I grab one of them and slip it onto my right foot and do the same to the left. I look down at my feet staring at my very expensive Chanel Two-Tone Calfskin obsidian black Pumps. I tilt my right foot to the side and the pump reflects the light coming from my lamp into my eyes. I smile with great pleasure. Now you all might be thinking that I am absolutely crazy for falling in love with a pair of shoes and spending tons of money to buy something name brand. I would have to agree with you; I am crazy for doing this, but I wanted to look good so I could feel good about myself and this was the only thing I could think of. Shoes are my life, mostly anything Vans, but I'm starting to really like these Chanel's.

'Knock, knock, knock.' Reese hits his fist against my door one last time.

"I'm coming!" I say as I struggle to run out of my closet. I unwrap myself from my clothing and stumble clumsily towards my door. I should have really practiced walking in heels before slipping these on. I reach for the doorknob, twisted it, and slowly opened my door to give this moment a heart racing effect. Reese takes a couple steps back with his head and hands in his pockets. Once the door fully opens he starts from the bottom all the way to the top. My heels aren't the only things that have got his eye. The dress I'm wearing is Gucci (I got it from my mother). The Black Stretch Viscose dress matches perfectly with my new pumps. The leather belt around my waist shines as bright as the symbol on my shoes. The sleeveless dress hugs my curves until just above my knees where it loosely hangs. Reese stares at me in awe.

"You..." He says slowly. I blush slightly and smile. "You look stunning, my dear." He holds out his hand to escort me out to his car. I take his hand eagerly, overly excited to get to my surprise. Reese slowly walks down the stairs and holds onto me tightly to prevent me from slipping. He knows how much of a clutz I am. Reese wraps his arm around my waist until we reach his car. He opens the passenger door for me and helps me into his car and rushes to the other side and hurryingly turns on his car.

"You look cute." I say. His fancy black tux fits him perfectly and to top it off he's wearing a bowtie. I'm a sucker for bowties.

Reese smirks. "I know. I always look cute."

"You're so full of yourself." I giggle. "Where are we going anyways? You haven't even told me what this surprise is even about."

"It's a secret."

"Really, that's all you're going to say?"

"Mhmmm."

I sigh. "Fine, I suppose I can wait a little bit longer."

_________________

Arriving at a large empty parking lot near the middle of the night was not my kind of surprise. In fact it made me nervous. I knew Reese would never do anything to hurt me but this surprise, whatever it is, was getting very strange.

Nervously I joke, "I hope you didn't get me all dressed up just to go out and have sex in an aquarium parking lot."

Obviously disgusted, Reese responds with a quick comment, "That's not even remotely close as to why you're here. The surprise is in the building." He points to the medium-sized white, boxed aquarium building that only have a few front windows. To be completely honest it looks kind of gross. The once supposedly white walls are now covered in dirt in random, various spots. I frown.

"That's my surprise?"

Reese nods. "It's what is inside is your surprise." He pauses as if he is about to say something big. Immediately concerned I reach out for his hand.

"Everything okay, Reese?" He ignores my question.

"Your surprise may not be much of a good surprise but then again it all depends on how well you will take it." I stare at him blankly, waiting for him to explain. "Now don't get mad at me when you find out, it was necessarily my idea."

"I'm not going in there," I say defiantly.

Taken aback by my attitude, Reese squeezes my hand. "I promised someone that I would take you to them. They have things to tell you."

"I'm not going in that building if there is a chance of it ruining my night."

"Please, at least go in for me. I'll even escort you to the door."

"You're not going inside with me?" I ask angrily. He shakes his head. "No," I say. "I'm not going in there by myself."

"Rogue... Please?"

I sit quietly for quite some time as Reese stares at me, silently waiting for a response. 'Do I risk it? Do I possibly risk my happiness for tonight to please my best friend? Maybe this will make him happy if I do decide to do it. Fine, I guess I'll do it but this is all for him.'

"Fine," I say a bit irritably. Reese smiles brightly.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

I nod. "Yeah."

Without wasting another minute, Reese runs out of his car and rushes to my door. He opens it too enthusiastically which causes me to jump in surprise. I smile at his happiness. 'As long as he's happy.' Reese holds out his arm for me to interlock with mine. I do as he wants and step out of the car, but before I even take a step I trip over my own feet. 'Of course I would do that.' Reese catches me and chuckles.

"Maybe you should have worn different shoes." I glare at him. He turns his head forward and smiles. The walk to the door seemed endless. Manly because I kept tripping but also because I was dreading this 'surprise.' At last we reach the door and to my surprise I was greeted by someone whom I haven't seen in awhile.

"Oh hell no." I say.