Epilogue

It’s really weird to know that small moments in life can change your journey in life. It makes you wonder how differently things would have been if they wouldn‘t have turned out the way they did. Without those moments, we wouldn’t be where we are now and sometimes, things need to happen so other wonderful things can happen as well.

            As I think back at that day, that special day in New York, I realize how glad I am things turned out to be the way they are. I recall waking up that morning feeling happy for no reason. I remember seeing a pile of clothes lying around and wondering if I should just stay home and clean them instead of taking Lucy for a walk. Instead I felt like I needed to go outside for fresh air so I took Lucy’s collar and placed it on her neck for the week’s walking. Feeling a sense of easiness I walked the streets of New York, my feet dragging me to nowhere in particular. Then, something inside me told me to unhook Lucy since she was doing alright and she looked calm. We walked side by side, nothing in particular being out of the ordinary. But then, just as we took a corner, a stray cat jumped into a trash bin and upon seeing Lucy, it sprinted off, Lucy following behind. I ran, my feet dragging me, but I was no match. Soon I lost sight of her, tears started to fall and because I didn’t want anyone to look at me, I ran to the middle of a wide alley where I broke down, thinking I would never see her again.

            Then, history happened.

*

            It’s been a year and two weeks since I started dating Zayn Malik. A year and two weeks of wonderful memories and adventures.  Every day is a new beginning, and it all gets better when I hear his voice in person, or on Skype, even a text of his. That was the best part, not a day went by when I didn’t get a text, a call, sometimes even surprise visits by him, or surprise airplane tickets to the city he was in.

            Those moments were like a lazy river at a water park. As soon as you go in and you start swimming away, you never want to leave. The sweet ride is just so mellow and comforting, something I have definitely been feeling. Of course there’s also those moments that are not so relaxing. There are always rumors, chaos and everything in between.

            At first, the media seemed to be more curious about Zayn’s new girlfriend than ‘mean’. The articles and fans would wonder who I was and what I was doing with them. Then one day paparazzi actually caught us in the act of kissing. We were standing in line at a McDonalds, Zayn grabbing my hand with his, Niall looking over the menu, when Zayn reached over and kissed me. The next day, the picture was everywhere. I suddenly went from a couple thousand followers on twitter (Niall made me one a week back) to having hundreds of thousands. Everyone was going crazy asking me so many questions. Of course I tried to answer back to those fans that were very sweet and understanding, ignoring those who were quite rude.  After that incident, the response kept coming. People would suddenly stop me in the street and ask for my picture and autographs. Being self-conscious I refused to sign autographs because I wasn’t famous and I didn’t see why I should sign them. As for pictures, I complied, seeing as it was a picture and nothing else. I also tried to help fans out when they asked me to follow them on twitter or when they asked me to tell the boys to follow them. Seeing it couldn’t hurt, I would take their names, messages, twitter names or whatever and I would keep it in a note to see who to send it to. At the end of the month, I would give the list to the boys and it was up to them to follow their request after that. It honestly felt good to help the fans out. Most of them were so sweet and you could tell they honestly cared about the boys. I even wanted to be friends with most.

            Sam tried to help out most of the time too, except her quirky personality had to be mellowed out sometimes, especially after she started dating Josh. Surprised? I wasn’t. Their relationship expanded at a very rapid pace. At least the way he asked her out was very, very cute.