Gummy Bears

Soon after, the concert ended. The boys thanked the audience for an amazing show before heading backstage. I could see Zayn giving me a last wink as well.

We waited for a very long time in the venue. The seats were cleared up quickly, while others waited for whatever reason. Sam had sat down on her seat, patiently tapping her fingers on the arm rest. 

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked. She didn’t even look at me, her eyes were completely focused on the stage.

“Sam.” 

She didn’t bulge.

“Sam!” I said more loudly. 

“Mhhmm.” She murmured, looking at me in the eyes. I was a little worried because Sam was never like this. She was always so bubbly and hyper. Only time I had ever seen her be serious was the time her grandma passed away. She was so quiet for a couple of days that she even made everyone around her sad. That’s who she was, she was the type of person that lightened your world whenever she was around.

“What is it?” I asked. I was going to ask what was wrong, but I knew she didn’t like it when people asked other people that. She once said that when people asked someone else “what’s wrong” it was a way of getting into people’s business because if they really wanted to tell you, they would.

“I’m so, freaking, nervous.” She responded.

“Oh.” 

“I mean, what the heck am I suppose to say when I see them?”

“Oh, I don’t know maybe say ‘hi’ and ‘I’m Sam, how are you?’”

Sam punched me in the arm.

“Ow, well you certainly don’t want to do that!” I grimaced.

“I’m serious Ellie, you got invited to hang out with One Direction for goose’s sake! It’s like your made of magic or something ”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah, good things always happen to you, maybe because you deserve it.” She stated. I smiled at my friend, placing my hand over her shoulder and squeezing her for a hug.

“You’re just something you know that?”

“Yeah, I like to keep things interesting.” She admitted.

“Well, stop being so nervous, just be yourself.”

“Yeah?”

“Oh, I’m sure they’ll love you.” I responded.

“Shouldn’t we go now? Everyone’s almost gone.” she added. I looked around the arena and noticed empty seats everywhere. A couple of people were left behind now, most of them being shown out by security.

“Yeah, let’s go.” 

We walked over to the back door that led to the back of the arena. A very big guy was waiting at the door.

“Can’t go in here ladies.” He responded with the lowest voice I had ever heard.

“Uh, I’m Ellie and this is Sam, we were told to go backstage by Zayn?” 

I could feel my hands feeling sweaty. Maybe the guard thought we were kidding.

“One second.” He responded, turning his back towards us, one of his hands reaching at his ear. He then started mumbling words into an earpiece.

After a couple of seconds, he turned back to us.

“Go head girls” He opened the door and motioned for us to enter. I grabbed Sam’s hand in return as my heart started racing.