A Day With One Direction (Part II)

Zayn's POV

We were sitting in the car to go to our next destination. Once again, Ellie was sitting next to me, our sides touching each other, making me nervous. It was very fun playing paintball. The way she became so confident and hyper so suddenly made me really happy for some reason. I liked how she immediately wanted to have fun and she ended up making everyone crack up laughing.

There was something about her that made me feel uneasy and excited all at the same time. It wasn’t her beauty, even though she was crazy beautiful, but something that reflected invisibly around her. She had me feeling restless, like I wanted to keep learning more about her. It was something completely new to me, but it made me excited at the same time.

“What’s next?” Eleanor asked Louis. She was sitting on Louis lap, his arm wrapped around her back. It looked like he didn’t want to let go, ever.

“We are going to a carnival.” Louis responded back. It was like he meant all his words directly to Eleanor because he looked at her the entire time, not even turning to us. 

“Isn’t that a bit risky? I’m sure fans will be there.” Sam said.

“Yeah, maybe, but it won’t ruin our fun.” Liam assured her. 

I looked out the window into the street. I wanted to hide the blushing face I made when Ellie shifted in her seat. It’s like the air inside the car had suddenly turned thick. 

We finally arrived at the carnival after what seemed like an eternity. 

“We’re here!” Same cheered. Ellie laughed at her enthusiastic friend which made me laugh at her. She turned to look at me with her eyebrows raised.

“What?” I chuckled.

“Watch yourself Malik.” She responded.  

“Because I’m so scared!” I teased. She hit me in the shoulder before crossing her arms, pouting her lips and burrowing her eyebrows.

“Aww, I’m sorry!” I instantly replied back as we made our way to the entrance. Ellie kept her position and kept walking a little faster so I could be left behind.

“You’re not mad.” I poked her stomach. She shooed my hand away and started walking faster.

“I’ll make you smile!” I exclaimed with a laugh. She looked at me and made a face.

“Ohhh. Zayn is gonna get beat up.” Danielle teased. Everyone laughed. 

“Manhandle him Ellie!” Niall cheered. 

“You go girl!” Louis squeaked.

Ellie giggled as she hid her face from me so I couldn’t see. I walked up to her and placed my arm over her shoulder. She didn’t shake it off like I thought she would and instead she let it rest. I wiggled my finger in front of her face, making sure it annoyed her.

“Forgive me.” I said.

“No way.” She shot back.

“Please.”

“No.”

“PLEASE!” We were already inside the carnival while fast paced music played on the background. 

“No.” She repeated.

“I’ll get you to laugh.” I smiled. She looked at me for a second before raising her eyebrow and turning the other way.

“Just get married already!” Harry said from the other side.

“Not until she smiles at me.” I exclaimed.