3 Months Later

3 Months Later.

Ellie’s POV:

“You have to go with me!” My best friend, Sam, yelled at my face. She was a happy one, and a beautiful one too. She had brown hair that fell just below her shoulders and green eyes that changed colors in different lighting. 

“You  know I have to help my mom with the house and dinner.” I murmured.

“My god Ellie, it’s for one night. One night is not going to kill you and your mom. Besides, she’s the nicest women in this planet so I’m sure she’ll say yes if you ask.” 

I sighed.

She was right. My mother was the coolest mom ever. Anything I asked her for she would give me, which is why I never really asked for anything. She already had enough in her hands with taking care of me and helping pay my brother’s college tuition through two jobs. I always did anything to help out in our little apartment in New York. It’s funny that when you think about New York you usually visualize people with suits and girls with thousand dollar dresses, movies, Broadway and all the glamour. Well, we lived in a one bedroom apartment in the crappiest apartment complex in my book. When my dad walked away from us ten years ago, our world changed completely. We had to relocate to the apartment we live in now, then Eddy was accepted into Princeton completely changing our financial needs. My mom got two jobs but when I had asked her to get a job myself, she told me education was my priority and money was hers. At that moment, she became my hero and my inspiration. Going through all of that and she still managed to smile every time I saw her. 

“Ellie come on! It’s One Direction for sakes! Last time they came to New York I couldn’t even go and I really wanted to see them live.” 

I looked around nervously at her comment. I never really told Sam what happened that day three months ago. I never explained to her that One Direction helped me find my Lucy. I couldn’t bring myself to do it and I didn’t even know why. I just felt like it was my secret and that it wasn’t that big of a deal. Besides, all they did was help me find Lucy, which I was extremely thankful for. Okay, yeah, I kind of wanted to see Zayn again. He was so nice to me that day and I felt like such a mean person when I refused his invitation for the concert. Something about him felt right from the moment he asked me if I was okay. 

“I will ask.” I finally agreed. I guess I owed it to him to go to his concert. 

“YES!” Sam screamed up and down. I smiled at her, she was always so hyper. I usually questioned my friendship with her all the time. We were so different in so many ways. She was loud and hyper while I was quiet and shy, but I couldn’t go through life without her.

*

“Mom, can I ask you something?” I asked nervously at the dinner table that night. Lucy lay silently on my legs underneath the table as I ate my food.

“Yes, honey?” Mom asked between bites.

I felt my hands shake a little.

“I was wondering if Friday night I can go to the One Direction concert a couple blocks from here, with Sam.” I blurted. 

“Sure sweetie, how much are the tickets?” She responded. I stared at my mom in return, surprised that she hadn’t even hesitated. 

“Oh, uhm, Sam already got them. Her parents gave them to her for her birthday.”

“Then sure. Go have fun, you need it.” She looked at me and smiled. I got out of my seat and walked over to hug her. I really did have the best mom in the world. 

*

“Now, what are you going to wear?” Sam asked. We were in my apartment that Friday afternoon raking through my semi-empty closet. I didn’t really like shopping and all my clothes I owned were pretty old.