Chapter 4: Open Hearted

I knew that Kyle wanted to know what the heck was going on with me. He just kept staring at me. I stare at him back. I tried to control myself so I won't attack him again. He started to scream at me this time.

"Anna! Tell me what's going on with you? Please!? Tell me!" He demanded. I backed up from him, but he would walk towards me. I started to breath heavily.

"Kyle. Stay away from me. Please!? I'm only trying to protect you from me. If you get closer, I'll get out of control and hurt you just like I was back their." He just kept walking towards me. I started to walk backwards even faster. Not very fast though.

"Anna. Please.... please talk to me... you can tell me anything..." I stopped walking, so did he. I rise my hands to look at them. Was it right to tell him? If I told him, would he try to kill me?

"K....Kyle... I.... changed a little." He gives me a weird face.

"What do you mean? You changed a lot. Now your starting to wear white long dresses, you grew your hair longer, you dyed your hair black, and you can change your eye color. How is that possible?" I tried to think of something to say. But a lightbulb flickered in my head became I had an idea.

"I... always practiced to change my eye color. Its just simple. But I don't want to tell you, well...  and I dyed my hair black because I hate brown hair. And your hair is black so I did that too. Also, my skin, I don't know what happened to it. That's the question. How did my skin change color?" He nodded his head a couple times then he looked at my nails then my eyes.

"Hey. Uh Anna. Why? Why did you say that you'll hurt me when I get close to you?" Oh snap, I didn't know the answer to that question. I had to think before he would figure it out.

"....Remember when I attacked you back there?"

"Yeah. Why did you?"

"I couldn't control myself. I didn't know was going on. My body was moving itself and I just think that'll happen again if you come close. I... don't know. Just don't..."

He looks at me, trying to understand on what I was saying. Then he nodded his head.

"Okay. Thanks Anna. I was just worried about you. And are you okay? You have been feeling all depressed lately."

"I.... don't know. Since our parents died I've been like this. I changed myself since then. I just didn't know what to do next. I was just so excited to see them... but they d...died...and...they...were-" I couldn't talk. I was too upset. I stopped my conversation. If I can only give Kyle. I decided to try.

I walked towards him to give him a hug. But Kyle backed up.

"I thought you didn't want me near you."

"Please...." He looked at my eyes.

"Your tears! They're red again." I just grabbed him and decided not to listen. I was crying, and I noticed that he was right. My tears are red again. He always told the truth to me, and now I didn't tell him the truth about me.

I couldn't believe that I lied to my brother. He left the room, having bloody tears on his clothes, which made him laugh. I didn't laugh. I sat on my bed, thinking of to tell him or not. And I decided not to.

I stand up and I look at the mirror to see my eye color. It changed to red. So I must of been hungry. I couldn't stop moving. I kept moving my feet to go outside and to get some food. Its really my first time hunting for food.

I hope that Kyle doesn't see me jump out of the balcony. If he did, well you know, I'm dead. I jumped off the balcony, and ran into the forest next to the castle. It was night time and I couldn't see anything. Wait, I thought that maybe other vampires are here.

I turned around and ran back just to make sure. I stood in front of the forest, seeing nothing but darkness. I needed something to eat besides human blood. I needed something to eat. I begged myself to go and find something. My eyes probably turned dark red just now I thought. I couldn't move. I was frozen. I was starving. I feel my mouth, and I feel the fangs pushing out of my mouth. I needed needed needed to drink blood. But, I couldn't drink anything because if I go back in the forest another vampire would try to kill me.

I put a fist out trying to think. I didn't know what to do. I can feel the pain of not having blood rising through my whole body. I fall to the ground. A couple seconds later I heard footsteps coming towards me. I hope it wasn't Kyle. If it was him he would die today, by me.

I needed to control myself and not drink his blood if it was him. But I look up, it was Kyle. He stared at my dark red eyes. I was shocked to see him. I stand right up and back away from him towards the forest.

"Kyle. Stay....away...from me... please..." I begged of him

"Why? I-" He stopped talking. He looked at my mouth. And my fangs were still sticking out. I was paranoid. I couldn't take it. I bet he already found out that I was a vampire because of the fangs.

"Anna....your... teeth. They're sticking out... Why?" I didn't want to tell him. No. No I shouldn't. I didn't want to. But....

I just had to tell him the truth...

I look directly at him, still being a far distance from Kyle.  I breathed heavily so he an know that I'm panicking. I ran to him and touched his shoulders.

"Listen Kyle!" I said in a fast way.

"The night that I was gone... I was attacked by a creature. And now... I'm.... a..."

"What? What are you?"

"A vampire." I still try to control myself when I'm holding him. I couldn't hold it at longer.

"All of this time... you lied to me?" I let go of him, trying not to bite him and suck his blood.

"Y...yes.... I didn't want to tell you before. And now...." I whispered this next part.

"I'm running away from home. Goodbye big brother." I ran and ran hearing Kyle say,

"Don't run away. Please... I'm sorry."

I didn't care. He didn't love me anymore just because of who I was I bet. I just think no one will ever love me. And now my wishes of finding true love went to a waste. No one would love a vampire like me.