Chapter 1

Hi I’m Amber-Lynn but my friends call me Amber or depending on whom it is Lynn. I love the color pink and Falling in Reverse and Vampires Everywhere are my favorite bands. I secretly love Ronnie Radke and I’m a social loner so I don’t really have any friends. I wouldn’t go all out and say I’m emo or anything because that’s just not me. Now that you know a little about me let’s get to the point.

It’s another one of those mornings as I crawl out of bed. I make my way to the bathroom to take a shower before heading off to the hell hole everyone calls school. I hated that place; thank god this was my last year. After my shower I do all my other morning rituals. First makeup, I never really go all out. I just simply put on a little foundation, a thin line of eyeliner and some simple black eye shadow. I make my way back to my bedroom after I’m finished. I turn on my I-pod and Falling in Reverse’s I’m Not a Vampire starts playing, this was one of my favorite songs. Hmm what to wear. I finally settle on a Falling in Reverse tank-top and some black skinnys. I throw on my black converses to match and head out to my car. It only takes me about 10 minutes to get to school, I hate living this close, and I’m also too lazy to walk so I drive. “Hey emo gonna go cut yourself again?” Brent the most popular jock says sneering at me. “One I’m not emo, you can’t be emo. And two I don’t cut, not sure where you get your information but it’s obviously not from a genius.” I say back. Oh shit what the hell was I thinking? You don’t talk back to these people, not unless you’re looking to get your ass kicked. “What was that?” Brent said stepping closer to me. “I know you heard me.” I say looking down. I don’t know why I kept talking but I was just tired of all the shit from him. “No I don’t think I did. Why don’t you repeat that emo?” He says getting even closer. I didn’t say anything I just braced myself for the hit that was sure to come. “Hey! Leave her alone!” I hear a voice say. “Who the hell are you?” Brent says spinning around. “I’m about to be your worst nightmare if you don’t back the fuck off her.” The voice answers. “Whatever I’ll deal with you two later.” He says walking away. I look up and see a girl, she has shoulder length black hair and her lip pierced, and she had pretty hazel eyes and was about the same height as me. “Thank you…” I mumble as I shut my locker door. “You’re welcome; you shouldn’t take shit like that from him.” She says following me. “Yea well not much I can do when he’s the most popular guy here and I’m the loner no one likes.” I say stopping in front of my first class. “From what I heard you did a pretty good job back there.” She says. “Wouldn’t have been too good if you hadn’t shown up, he would have hit me next.” I say. “So thanks again.” I add. “You’re welcome again, by the way I’m Cyndy.” She says smiling. “I’m Amber.” I say smiling too. “Why don’t we eat lunch together and talk some more?” Cyndy asks. “Uh alright I’ll meet you at the Starbucks across the street.” I say as I start to walk into my class. “See ya!” she says excitedly walking away. Hmm I may have just met my only friend. Guess I’ll find out later at lunch.

~Later at Starbucks~

I walk in and find the most secluded seat in the back. I hate sitting where people could see me. A few minutes later Cyndy walks in, she quickly spots me and sits down. “Hey have any more trouble from that guy?” she asks. “Nope I think you scared him away.” I say with a little laugh. “Ha well we can hope so.” She says laughing. “So why don’t you tell me a little about yourself?” she adds smiling. “Uh sure. Let’s see I love Vampire’s Everywhere and Falling in Reverse. (At that she smiled) I’m a big fan of pink anything pink I’ll wear. I despise the color green unless it’s neon. I have no friends and my family pretty much disowned me a few years ago. I’m 18 and live alone about 10 minutes from here. I think that’s about it.” I say looking down. “Well I’m sorry to hear about the family part.” She says frowning. “Eh it’s alright I guess what about you?” I ask. “Well I live with my older brother, I too like Vampires Everywhere and Falling in Reverse, I’m kinda a loner myself being new here and all, I love the colors purple and black and despise the color yellow. I’m 17 but only till November, I also wouldn’t say you have no friends because I’m your friend” she says smiling. I smile at that too, so I did finally find a friend and she is just like me. “Well thanks again.” I say smiling. “Why don’t you come stay the night at my house tonight? She asks. “Sure that would be great.” I say smiling as we head back over to the school. “Why don’t you come over to my house after school and I’ll drive us both to yours?” I suggest. “That sounds great. I’ll text my brother and let him know he doesn’t have to get me today.” Cyndy says pulling out her phone.

C~ hey I’m gonna go hang with a friend right after school so you don’t have to get me. J

R~ Alright just be safe and let me know if anything happens.

C~ You worry too much lol She’s gonna be staying the night also so don’t freak when she comes over. J

R~ Why would I freak about you having a friend? Lol

C~ Oh you’ll see :P

R~ Cryptic much Cyndy? Fine just don’t be out forever

C~ Okay J See you later, love you! <3

R~ Love you too sis

“Alright everything is set my brother doesn’t mind if I go with you and you are definitely staying tonight.” Cyndy says smiling. “Sounds like the best plan yet!” I say getting excited for something for like the first time ever. “I guess I’ll meet you in the parking lot later.” She says smiling. “My car is the light blue Ford Explorer.” I say pointing to it as we walk by. “Nice my brother won’t let me drive he thinks I’m gonna get hurt or something, he’s so overprotective sometimes.” She says laughing. “Yea I know how that is. But I’m sure it’s for a good reason, I use to be that way with my younger siblings till you know the parents disowned me and all.” I say. “Yea sorry again about that, I don’t know what I would do without my brother around.” She says thinking. “Well don’t worry about it, from the sound of things he isn’t going to leave you anytime soon.” I say smiling at her. “You’re probably right.” She says smiling too. “Well here’s my class I will meet you later.” I say smiling. “Definitely! I will be there.” She says as she walks into her class too. I smile to myself as I sit down in my seat. I was so excited to finally have a friend and she was extremely nice. I never would have believed today was going to turn out like it did and it was just getting started! I couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen at Cyndys tonight.