Chapter 17

We finally pull up to Bar Sinister. “This is where we’re going?” Ronnie asks. “Yes.” I say smiling. “Aren’t we a little over dressed?” he asks. “Absolutely not.” I say getting out the car. “Come on.” I say pulling him. “Anxious are we?” he says laughing. “Yes yes I am.” I say laughing too as I lead him inside to our booth. “Okay so what’s my surprise?” he asks smiling. I look at my watch it says 8:15. Oh god it was getting so close. “Um it’s almost time.” I say smiling at him. “You know I love you right?” he says taking my hand. “Of course I do! You know I love you too right?” I ask as I grab a box out of my purse. “I do.” He says smiling at me. “Okay we have a little surprise for you guys.” An announcer says over the mic. I look at Ronnie and smile this was it. I get up and head over to the stage. I glance back at Ronnie and he’s just looking at me confused. “You’ll see.” I mouth to him as I take the stage and tell the band what to play. As the music starts I look around for Cyndy and the guys and spot them to the side. Cyndy smiles at me and gives me a thumbs up. I smile back at her and take the mic in my hands. I look straight at Ronnie as I start to sing “It's a beautiful night we're looking for something dumb to do hey baby I think I wanna marry you. Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice? Who cares, baby I think I wanna marry you. Well, I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go no one will know oh, come on boy. Who cares if we're trashed got a pocket full of cash we can blow shots of patron and it's on, boy. Don't say no, no, no, no, no just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah and we'll go, go, go, go, go if you're ready, like I'm ready. 'Cause it's a beautiful night we're looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby I think I wanna marry you. Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice? Who cares, baby I think I wanna marry you. I'll go get a ring let the choir bells sing like ooh, so what ya wanna do? Let's just run, boy. If we wake up and you wanna break up, that's cool no, I won't blame you it was fun, boy. Don't say no, no, no, no, no just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah and we'll go, go, go, go, go if you're ready, like I'm ready. 'Cause it's a beautiful night we're looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby I think I wanna marry you. Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice? Who cares, baby I think I wanna marry you. Just say I do tell me right now, baby, tell me right now, baby, baby. Just say I do tell me right now, baby, tell me right now, baby, baby. Oh it's a beautiful night we're looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby I think I wanna marry you.  Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice? Who cares, baby I think I wanna marry you. Will you marry me Ronnie?” I ask finishing the song, I reach into my pocket and pull out the ring I had and kneel down to my knees. At this point Ronnie is up at the stage. “Of course I will.” He says taking my hand and pulling me down to him. I smile up at him and can’t help but cry. “Why are you crying?” he asks. “Im just so happy, happy that you said yes, happy that I have you again, just happy.” I say leaning into him. “I love you so much Amber.” He whispers to me. “I love you too Ronnie.” I say kissing him.

Suddenly I feel someone touch my shoulder. “That was beautiful.” Cyndy says embracing me in a hug. “I had no idea that was what you had planned this whole time.” She adds smiling. “That was the point.” I say laughing. “No one was supposed to know about it yet.” I add. “Congrats you two!” Cynthia says running up and hugging me. “Thank you.” Ronnie and I say at the same time. “I had forgotten you could sing so well.” Jacky says laughing. “Thanks.” I say playfully pushing him. “No problem.” He says laughing. “Amber that was amazing!” Brandy says hugging me. “Again thanks.” I say smiling. I was so happy. “So I don’t really have much else planned.” I laugh looking up at Ronnie. “That’s okay sweetheart why don’t we just head back to the house and make our own plans?” he asks with a wink. “I like that idea.” I say kissing him again.