Chapter 14

~Ronnie’s POV~

First thing I did when I woke up was scroll through my phone I needed to get out and definitely needed to start dating again. I mean it had been 9 months already. I decide to call the first girls name I see. Courtney. I sweet voice answers. “Ronnie?” she says. “Haha yes that would be me.” I say with a little laugh. “God it’s been a while I’m rather surprised you kept my number.” She says laughing too. “Well you know me I never get rid of anything.” I say sadly smiling to myself as I see what was left of Amber’s things scattered throughout my room. “I was actually calling to see if you wanted to go out tomorrow.” I say anticipating the answer. “Of course!” she says clearly very excited. “Awesome how does 8 tomorrow night sound? Let’s say at Bar Sinister?” I ask. “Sounds good to me see you then.” She says hanging up. Wow that was surprisingly a lot easier than I thought it would be. Maybe things were finally gonna get better. My stomach interrupts my thoughts with an obnoxious growl. I laugh at myself and head down to the kitchen to figure out what to whip up for, what time was it?, for lunch. I open the fridge and decide on just an apple for now; I’d go out later and eat. I look around wondering where everyone was. I don’t see anyone so I head to the living room for some serious down time. I immediately grab a controller and get extremely into some Black Opps; zombies had secretly become my favorite. A few minutes later Cyndy and Michael walk in. “Hey guys.” I say looking up smiling. “Why are you so happy?” Cyndy asks questioningly.  “I have me a date tomorrow.” I say smiling again. I notice Cyndy glance at Michael. “What was that look for?” I ask. “Nothing.” Cyndy says a little too quickly. “I know your lying but im having too much fun right now to care what about.” I say returning my attention back towards the tv. “We’re going to go upstairs.” Cyndy says pulling Michael by the hand. “Alright see you guys later, and behave.” I say glaring at the both of them. For some reason I feel like Cyndy was hiding something important but right now I didn’t care I was too excited about my date tomorrow.

~Cyndys POV~

“Michael we have to tell him!” I practically shout. “Sweetheart we can’t right now and you know that.” He says sweetly pulling me onto his lap. “We still have no idea where she is.” He adds. “Dammit Michael he can’t go on that date tomorrow, if he does then that’s it he’s moved on completely, there will be no reason to find her.” I say close to tears. “Baby even if he moves on you know you’re a reason to find her, she means a lot to you I can see it.” Michael says kissing my forehead. “She does more than you know; she’s like the sister I always wanted, finally had, and then lost.” I say as a tear escapes from my eye. “Baby please don’t cry ill call Aaron back and see what I can get out of him.” He says pulling out his phone. He dials a number and we both patiently waiting for Aaron to answer. After what seemed like forever I finally hear a voice on the other end. “Aaron dude why haven’t you called me again, I was expecting an update.” Michael says. I can’t hear what’s being said on the other end but I know Michael will tell me. “I want to see you man where are you?” Michael says almost pleadingly. He sighs and then a smile spreads across his face. “Thanks man I can’t wait to see that baby of yours.” Michael says. A few more things are said and then Michael hangs up. “He’s going to meet me Cyndy with the baby!” Michael says excitedly. “That doesn’t tell us where she is Michael.” I say sadly. “No it doesn’t but that means we can follow him back to his house.” He says smiling mischievously. “Oh my god Michael! That might actually work! When can we go?” I say on the edge of my bed now. “Tomorrow at two, bring Ronnie with us.” He says. “Okay I’ll see you tomorrow babe go get some sleep we’ve got a long day ahead of us tomorrow.” I say kissing him goodbye.

~Ambers POV~

A few hours later I wake up. The first thing I want to do is see my babies beautiful face. I rush up and run out the door. As I near the living room I hear Aaron talking to someone. Nosy as I am I creep to the doorway and listen. “Damn Michael sorry, I completely forgot to call you back with all the excitement going on.” Aaron says. Michael? His former band mate? I keep listening. “Michael you know I can’t tell you where I am...” he says. After a short pause he continues. “I’ll meet you somewhere tomorrow at 2 and bring Damian for you to see. Sound good?” he says. “Alright bro see you then.” He finishes and hangs up. I slowly step out from behind the door. “Sleep alright?” Aaron says noticing me. “I did thank you for asking.” I say smiling into my babies sleeping face. “So your taking Damian somewhere tomorrow?” I ask. “Oh yea a few friends wanna see him.” He says smiling at me. “Just come home right after alright.” I say sitting in his lap. “I will sweetheart.” He says smiling at me. “God its 10pm! There’s no way I’ll be able to go back to sleep.” I say looking at the clock. “I can think of something to tire us both.” Aaron says winking at me. “I like the sound of that.” I say as he swoops me up and carries me to my room. I wake up late, didn’t surprise me considering I’ve been sleeping so much now. I climb out of bed and decide to make breakfast. About twenty minutes later I place some eggs, bacon, and toast on the table and make my way back to the bedroom to wake up Aaron. “Babe wake up.” I say lightly shaking him. “Aaron its 1 wake the hell up.” I say climbing on top of him. “Wake up wake up wake up!” I say all but jumping on him. “I’m awake.” He says laughing as he rolls me over. “Jesus woman your more effective than an alarm clock.” He adds still laughing. “Oh hush you know you still love me. Now get a move on its 1 and you’ve got somewhere to be soon.” I say heading back towards the kitchen. A few minutes later a now dressed Aaron walks into the kitchen. “Eat and be on your way mister before your late.” I say sliding a plate his way. “Your too good to me.” He says forking some eggs into his mouth. “I know.” I say laughing. After we both ate I kiss Damien goodbye and look at Aaron. “Keep him safe.” I say before I kiss him too. “I will. Don’t worry.” He says closing the door behind him. I make my way back to the living room and turn on the TV. I don’t really watch whatever is on. My mind is spinning with so many things. Why did Michael suddenly want to see him? Why did this all make me think I was forgetting something again? Who did my baby look like? When would I get some answers?

~Aarons POV~

I pull into the parking lot of Docs, this little family restaurant about 4 miles from my house. Michael still wasn’t here. I wasn’t sure who to expect him to bring with him, probably just Cyndy. I look into my backseat and see Damian now a month old and looking more like Ronnie every day. What was I going to do when Amber began to question things? She finally no longer remembered him and this baby is going to be a reminder. Lost in thought I hardly notice the black escalade pull into the spot next to me. I look up and see Michaels face looking straight at me.

~Cyndys POV~

“Ronnie!” I scream. “What?” he answers. “Ronnie I have to tell you something so you need to sit” I say sitting next to him on the couch. “What is it?” he says questioningly. “Okay, we found amber.” I say, might as well get it out the way. “What?!?” he says jumping up. “Where is she?” he adds. “Well we don’t know exactly.” I say looking down. “Then how did you find her?” he asks. Jesus with all the questions. “Aaron is meeting Michael today, were going to follow him back to his house after he leaves. That’s how we’re going to find her.” I say smiling. “I’m going.” He says pulling his coat on. “That was the plan.” I say sliding my jacket on as well. “One thing before we go, you can’t be seen Ronnie so you have to stay down.” I say. “Fine by me.” He says heading out to Michael’s car. About 30 minutes later we pull into the parking lot of Docs a restaurant Aaron asked us to meet him at. We see him looking in his back seat. “That must be him.” I whisper to Michael. “Remember stay down Ronnie.” I say not looking at him. “I know.” He says. I look at Michael and nod. He opens the door and walks over to Aaron’s car. I see them hug and then Aaron opens the backdoor and I see one of the cutest babies ever. I was amazed at how much it looked like Ronnie. I didn’t realize I had breathed in surprised until Ronnie said something. “What?” he says starting to lean up. “Don’t move.” I say quickly. He didn’t need to know yet. A few minutes later Michael returns to the car. “Alright wait a few seconds for him to pull out first.” I say waiting. We turn out behind Aaron letting a few cars get between us. About ten minutes later he pulls up to this gorgeous farm house. We stay at the end of the driveway and wait for him to go inside. “Alright here’s the plan, we will all go up there together.” Michael says. “We should tell him now.” I say looking at Michael. “Tell me what?” Ronnie asks. I look at Michael and he nods. “Ronnie, amber had a baby.” I say slowly. “No…” he says shaking his head. “There’s more Ronnie.” I begin. “Don’t tell me, just take me home.” He says looking away. “Ronnie listen to her.” Michael says. “Fine.” He says. “The baby isn’t Aarons.” I say looking at him waiting for it to register. “It’s not his then who? Wait it’s not possible, its mine?” he asks. “It’s yours Ronnie, he looks just like you.” I say. “He. It’s a boy.” He says. I see a tear slide down his cheek and I can’t help but get choked up. “Let’s go get your baby and your girl.” Michael says opening the door.