Chapter 17

"Your coffee is ready." Those are the words that brought me back to reality. I grinned at Calum as I grabbed his hand and went into the house.

Luke's eyes were glued to where Calum and I's hands connected.

"So, uh, are you guys back together or something?" I looked up at Calum and he confidentially confirmed.

"Yes we are, Hemmings. This time for good." He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. Everything felt right. Being with Calum felt right. That's the only way I could describe it.

"Okay Hood, just don't fuck up again." Luke chuckled and went back into the kitchen to get my coffee. He set it on the table. It was already made for me the way I liked it with cream and sugar. I sat at the table with each boy on either side of me. We talked about our plans for the day for a bit. It wasn't anything too specific. Our conversations were interrupted by a knock at the door. I assumed it was Ashton or Michael. I was consumed by the thought of how Michael would react. Would be accept it because Calum saved me? Or be angry that I was with him again? I debated in my mind back and forth. It could really go either way. Or both. Maybe he would forgive Calum but still silent resent him.

I would never know though because it wasn't Ashton or Michael at the door. Neither of them were coming to joke around in the kitchen and pick on me for being a lightweight or to ask if I was okay. Neither of them were coming to hang out with Luke and Calum and me for the day watching dumb movies and ordering take out. Instead the police were entering the house. The police slowly walked through the house following Luke to where me and Calum were. The police were the once looking down at us with a somber look upon their faces.

"Hello, Calum Hood?"

"That's me." Calum stood up with a confused expression. I was becoming very worried. My stomach was in knots. My chest was beating at 100mph.

"Sir, you're under arrest for assault and attempted murder." They cuffed Calum right in front of me. I screamed out his name as they took him out of the house. Tears were pouring down my face. Luke held me in his driveway as I saw them take him away. I just got him back and he's already gone. I couldn't handle this.

"Please Luke. We have to do something." I was pleading with him.

"I'll call the boys and we will find a way to fix this. Calum will be okay. I'm not letting anything happen to him. Okay?" He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a tight hug before we went in the house and waited for the boys to come over.

YEAH OKAY THIS IS HELLA SHORT BUT ILL TRY UPDATING AGAIN TOMORROW TO MAKE UP FOR IT.