Chapter 9

"Michael, please just don't come over tonight. I'm gonna be busy." I didn't want Michael here when Calum arrived. Michael would kill him.

"Fine. But tomorrow we are hanging out." He mumbled and hung up the phone. I sighed with relief. It was around 5 so Calum would be here shortly. I really just missed hanging out with him and I just wanted to see if there was still a connection between us. Maybe we did have a future.

I heard a knock from the front door and practically ran to answer the door. When I opened it, Calum was standing there with a grin on his face.

"Hey! It feels great to be wanted back here for once." He chuckled. I laughed with him and we walked into the living room.

"I've really missed hanging out with you, so I thought we could hang out like we use to?" I suggested nervously to him. His face lit up immediately.

"That would be great! Do you want me to get the popcorn and takeout menus?" I smiled and nodded. I can't believe he was this excited to watch movies all night. A pit formed in my stomach. I missed him so much. Maybe it was time to forgive Calum and take him back. He seems so sorry for what he did. Before I could overthink this subject, Calum came back.

"I ordered your usual order from the Chinese place, but also some extra stuff in case you don't eat what you use to eat. I don't know what's changed or anything." He quickly rambled out this sentence. I've eaten the same thing for the past year, obviously it's gonna stay the same. I took the popcorn bowl from him and walked to the couch. Netflix was on the screen and we flipped through the movies. Finally we chose a random one. I snuggled up close next to him and we have a huge blanket over us. I took in a deep breath and I could smell his cologne. His sweatshirt felt really soft against my face. We fell into a comfortable silence of just laying there and watching the movie. When the door knocked I actually jumped. Calum laughed as he got up to answer the door. It was the Chinese food. Calum paid the man and came to sit back down.

We sat criss-crossed across from each other as we ate our food. We talked about silly things and laughed. It was so nice to be with him again.

"Cal, you can't eat your noodles like that." I laughed as Calum tried to throw his noodles up in the air and catch them in his mouth.

"Oh yeah? Well you try catching it then!" He took a noodle and threw it to me. I attempted to catch it in my mouth but it ended up splattered against my face. We burst into fits of laughter and Calum leaned forward to get it off of me. As he leaned in closer the tension got thicker. He was staring me dead in the eyes as he neared. He took the noodle off of my face, but kept coming in. I started to close the gap between us and soon our lips collided. As cliche as it sounds, sparks flew. I felt electric when he touched me. My arms wrapped around his neck and my fingers got tangled in his hair. He cleared the way for himself and then lowered us down on our backs. Our once simple kiss was getting hotter by the second. I started to kiss his neck when a certain voice made the world stop.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Yelled Michael.

lmao I'll update again tomorrow