Chapter 5

When I woke up, I was in my bed. The blinds were open and as soon as I opened my eyes it was if the sun was in my room. Michael was cooking in my kitchen. He did it every time I got drunk, just to make my life miserable. I found two Advil and a glass of water next to my bed, like I always did when I got drunk. Michael surely took care of me and I loved him for it. I shuffled to the kitchen where Michael was plating eggs, bacon, pancakes, and hash browns onto two plates. He placed them on the table and sat down. I sat down next to him.

"GOOD MORNING. HOW ARE YOU TODAY?" He yelled into my ear. I glared at him. I could've stabbed him right then.

"Please Michael. Don't do this." I was whispering my words.

"Oh no. I deserve this. After all the shit you put me through last night."

I looked up at him confused. Last night was more of a daze. I remember showing up to the party, having two drinks, and then the rest is a blur until now.

"What happened last night?"

"You seriously don't remember?" I shook my head and he sighed.

"Okay. Basically, you got wasted and I left you so I could talk to Mikayla, you know the one in our Chemistry class. Anyway, while I was gone you apparently had drunken sex with Calum upstairs. I was crazy looking for you and I found you coming downstairs doing the walk of shame with him behind you. Then I dropped you off and you called me crying all night about how you miss him."

A knot formed in my stomach. I hooked up with Cal? I ran to check my phone and sure enough there were drunken texts shared between me and Calum and they confirmed it. There was also talk of us missing each other and loving each other still. I kept my head low as I went back to the kitchen. I fucked up royally with this. School was starting again soon so I couldn't avoid him forever. The rest of the day was spent with Michael taking care of me as well as me helping him get with Mikayla, who he really liked apparently.

Monday morning I was back at school. I stayed with Michael at my side through the day. I tried to move from my locker fast, since Calum's was right next to mine. I caught glimpses of him through the day, but didn't talk to him. During lunch I sat with Michael and Luke. Since Luke heard about me and Calum he had been distant with Calum. We joked the whole time and overall it was a great time with them. Next two class periods however, the last ones of the day, were with Calum. Not only that, but we sat next to each other. A pit formed in my stomach. I sincerely dreaded these next two classes.

The classes passed by painfully slow. The only good things were 1) there was a cute new boy, 2) I have to sit next to him, 3) he's in all of my classes, and 4) it made Calum furious. Through the classes I flirted with him and joked around. By the end of the day we had exchanged numbers and planned to hang out that weekend with Michael and Luke.

This new boy might be just what the doctor ordered.