47

MAYA POV

Lucas held onto my hand as our hostess brought us to the table with the boys and only let it go when we went to sit down. Everyone was sitting together. Zayn was with Perrie, Zay was with Vanessa, and even Liam had a girl there of his own that I had yet to lay eyes on. There were two empty seats at the end next to Niall and Smackle and I wasted no time taking the seat that was next to my friend. I haven’t really gotten the chance to talk to her since she told me about Peyton, but I have to tell someone about what happened at the office before I tell Lucas.

“How are you Maya?” I took a deep breath and shook my head before I stopped a waiter and ordered a Long Island Iced tea. Lucas caught my gaze from across the table raising an eyebrow at me before smiling as he chatted with Liam and Zayn and I know it’s because I ordered a drink before I did any food. I haven’t really eaten at all today, not even a lunch at work my stomach was too unsettled by today’s events.

“I definitely need to talk to you but I can’t do it right now. I’ve otherwise been okay though.” I said it lowly and was sure that only Smackle had heard me as she nodded her head in agreement.

I finished four long islands before our food came and when it did, I couldn’t eat it. Everyone around me was a bit tipsy, but I knew that I was drunk. Lucas kept eyeing me throughout dinner to make sure that I was okay and I would force my focused side to make my inebriated mind give him a reassuring smile to calm his nerves. As the chatter around us continued however, I felt as if I had been given a truth serum instead of a vodka, rum tequila and gin mix. I grabbed Smackle's hand pulling her to stand with me and as soon as I did, I earned another sideways glance from Lucas.

“Are you alright glasses?” He was getting ready to stand with Smackle and I clearly noticing the state of me.

“Yes, I’m fine Lucas stay here we’re just going to the bathroom.” I could hear my words slur and Lucas furrowed his eyebrows in a curious manner before he looked over to Smackle.

“I’ll take care of her Lucas. Don’t worry about it.” Smackle stabled me as I wobbled on my feet and Lucas, ever the skeptic glanced back at me. He looked as if he were going to open his mouth to say something else before Liam called him asking him a question from across the table and I couldn’t be happier for the distraction.

I pulled Smackle away from the table as if I knew where it was exactly I was headed only to end up having her lead me in the right direction, the total opposite from where I was going. When we entered the restroom, she let go of my hand and I leaned over the sink turning the faucet on so that I could splash my face with water. The lights in here were entirely too bright and it was the only thing I could think to do to stop the room from going in circles.

“Are you okay Maya? What’s up? You drank a bit much a bit fast don’t you think?” I scrunched my nose at the lecture before I turned around to face her, holding on to the sink for dear life.

“I have to tell you, before I tell him...If I tell him. I don’t know if I can do it Smackle. The outcome...it’s too risky. He doesn’t deserve anymore stress. He’s stressed out enough because of me over these past few months.” Smackle started to chuckle. Something is telling me she doesn’t understand the severity of the situation.

“Maya you’re so drunk. The last time I saw you this was at Lucas welcome home party. You have to slow down when you speak especially since you’re slurring. I can’t understand you babe.”

My head lolled back and forth on my shoulders and it felt as if it was too big for my neck to support. Smackle grabbed my hand again and walked me over to a chair in the bathroom to sit me down after she wet paper towel with cold water to press on the back of my neck. I can tell she’s trying to sober me up but the room is still spinning.