36

MAYA POV

I woke up with Lucas on my stomach. He was using me as a pillow and I don’t mind but his head is a bit heavy. His curls tickled the soft skin right above my navel as he stirred mildly in his sleep and I smile to myself as I try to fathom how we got into this position. Lucas was completely under the covers and I had to lift them up to see his face. It was contorted into a frown and it made my heart ache. I hoped that his dreams grant him some type of mercy, but since he doesn’t exactly look peaceful right now I figure that’s not the case. At least he slept through the night? I grabbed an abandoned pillow from the side of the bed and moved slowly to avoid waking him as I put the huge feather filled cushion in my place, before my alarm sounded itself to torment me.

The room was warmer than usual, but still not as warm as the body heat from having Lucas on top of me. My nipples started to harden and I chuckled to myself. It’s not cold enough in here for them to be reacting this way to the temperature and the reason for their reaction is still snoring lightly under the covers. Lucas still has control over me when he's not even alert to the world. I decided to take advantage of the time I have to myself before he wakes up and grabbed my white button up shirt from the crumpled mass that is our clothing on the ground, before quietly padding from the bedroom to the bathroom and to start the shower water. I slip the shirt off of my shoulders and grab the shower head gliding the stream all over my aching muscles. I’m always delightfully sore after an intimate embrace with Lucas. It’s almost like when you realize the next day that you’ve done a great workout, but instead of my entire body the ache goes from my abdomen down.

I jump slightly when the stream hits my clit, and hang the shower head back up feeling my cheeks tint crimson, still too sensitive there from last nights activities to be grazed directly. While stand under the water allowing it to rinse my body of soap suds, I hear the alarm off my phone go off and then something hits the floor echoing in the room with a loud thud .

“Fuck!”

“Lucas? Did you fall out of bed?” I start to laugh a bit before he curses again.

“FUCKING SHIT!”

I turned off the water and quickly wrapped a towel around myself not bothering to towel off. When I reach the room, his hair is in a mess on the top of his head and he already has on his jeans and is scrabbling to put everything else on. My phone was on the ground surely the result of Harry tossing it there, angered by the alarm.

“What happened? Are you okay?”

When Lucas turned to look at me his eyes were red and had dark circles around them. He looked panicked and frantically moved about the room to find his shoes before he spoke.

“I slept here Maya! I’m not supposed to sleep here and my phone is dead!” I looked at him confused and he rolled his eyes skyward when I lacked the urgency that he had when he was trying to explain the problem to me.

“The alarm Maya If I’m not home to shut off the alarm, it goes off and my chances to move out are fucked!”

Lucas put on his shoes and made his way past me while rushing to the door to leave, but not before he stopped to give me a kiss on the lips. He skimmed his tongue over his top lip before smirking and kissing me again. This time I grabbed the back of his neck to do it the right way. I slipped my tongue in his mouth and smile into the kiss when a deep guttural moan escapes his lips and goes into my mouth. Lucas pushed me away abruptly with a devilish smirk on his face before opening the door and leaving out without so much as a ‘bye glasses’. I take a deep breath and close my door so that I can get ready to start the day.

As I get dressed my mind wanders back to how Lucas looked when he was gathering his things. His eyes worry me and even though he hasn’t said anything about being bothered by any dreams recently, they have to be the reason behind his exhausted demeanor. He is good at hiding it from other people, but there isn’t much that he can hide from me anymore. I even knew something was up when he cheated; I just didn’t know exactly what it was he wanted so badly to keep from me.