13

hey guys, im officially not in the mood but ok. im tired asf .

MAYA POV

As we made our way out of the house we didn’t walk side by side or even close together for that matter. Lucas was in front of me moving quickly through the crowd of people. I only caught up to him when he stopped to say something to Liam and Zayn. After he spoke, four eyes met with mine, one set shown with disapproval and the other with caution. I continued to follow Lucas out and as I did I could feel both of them staring as if their gazes were burning holes into my back. Lucas fumbled with his keys until he pushed the button on his remote to unlock the door.

“Are you sure you’re okay to drive?” The words came timidly out of my mouth as if I was an introvert talking to a stranger for the first time. We’re treading on such thin ice with each other I felt that if I spoke any louder everything would fall apart.

“I’m fine.” The soft, caring Lucas that I was just with is now nowhere to be found and he’s back to being short and angry with me.

“I’ll pay for a taxi and you can come get your car tomorrow.”

“Maya, I’m fine! If you want to get a taxi get it!” I slammed the door to his car and walked in front of it while dialing a cab service. I won’t put up with him being rude no matter how badly I want to be with him and I won’t risk him hurting himself or anyone else just because he’s not thinking straight. Lucas scoffed before he shouted to me again.

“So familiar. You’re leaving again what a surprise!” I turned around and frustratingly ran a hand through my hair tugging at it as I stared at Lucas green beautiful eyes. He means to drive me crazy and I fall for it every time.

“I had to leave Lucas! I was going to have to leave regardless to what happened between us! And I’m not leaving now I’m calling us a cab!”

“But it made it that much easier for you didn’t it?! It was easy for you to go!”

“Lucas, stop!” I held the phone against my ear with my shoulder giving the address and trying to ignore Lucas rant until the call was over.

“It was easy for you to leave just like you’re leaving now!”

“I’m not leaving you now! I just don’t want you to get into an accident! Why would I ask to try to work on things and then leave?”

“You tell me!” This argument is going nowhere fast and the middle of the street is nowhere to talk about our relationship. I walked back towards the car and got in ending the phone call deciding that this was the best place to wait on our ride if we would be fighting the whole time.

Lucas got in after me and went to put his keys in the ignition only for me to yank them out of his hand. He looked at me with forest green shown in his iris’s that only appears there when he’s furious or turned on and due to the context of the previous shouting bout, I know the dark shade wasn’t there for the latter reason.

Lucas sat back in his seat exasperatedly with his eyebrows furrowed pinching his bottom lip. As we made eye contact once more he turned in his seat to face me. I'm sure that he was going to ask for his keys again, but quickly decided against it when he saw the menacing look in my eyes daring him to go there with me again.

When the taxi came, we both got out of the car and I locked it back using the remote. Lucas glared at me again, but got into the cab giving his address.

“You can drop him off first please and then take me to the Savoy hotel plea–”

“You’re not going there you’re coming with me! Just the one address please.”