Final Battle

“Be careful Brooke you haven’t had much training yet.” Brayden warned.

“I know but this has to be done.” I replied.

The burning started at my feet and worked its way up my body. It felt like the fire was going to erupt from every part of me. It took all I had in me to keep it from exploding.  Once my focus was on him I let it flow freely, no more holding back. The fire from inside me was released onto this evil being that had hurt my family. Never again would I watch another person suffer at the hands of this demon.

“Brooke No.” Brayden Screamed but it was too late. I watched as he fell to the ground dead. I had to see it worked before this was all over. I smiled at the scene before me as I fell to the ground. At least now I knew that everyone was safe and I did everything I could to protect them before my time came to an end. As I lay on the ground my eyes slowly closed and I sank into the darkness that awaited me.

(2 hours earlier)

“You thought you would just be able to get away from me the easy did you?” Alec said to my mother.

“I worked for a while.” She stated confidently.

“After I found out what you were you ran from me why?” He questioned.

“Because I knew how evil you were, it took me a long time to gather the courage to finally leave you.” Mom spat.

Right now it was safe to say I was very confused. I don’t know what these two are talking about but I have a feeling I was about to find out. It seems to me that they have more of a history than anyone knew.

“You may have defeated me once love but I can assure you it won’t happen again.” He smiled the scary smile again.

Love? I turned to Brayden and gave him a questioning look and he gave me the same one in return. He was just as surprised about the whole thing as I was. I think we both knew that something had been kept from us. My mom had a look of guilt in her eyes as she starred back at me.

“What am I missing here?” I asked her.

“I was going to tell you but it never seemed to be the right time. Alec and I used to be together a long time ago but once I seen who he truly was I left him and he has been after me since.” She confessed.

I couldn’t have been more surprised by this new information I had just received. How could this be and when did it happen? It must have been before I was born but how did Brayden not know about this. I tried mind linking with him to ask.

‘Did you know?’ I passed to him.

‘Know this is all knew to me to’ He confessed.

‘Well you are older than my mother so how could you not have known?’ I questioned

‘I never kept up with my father affairs. We haven’t had anything to do with each other in a very long time.’ He admitted.

I can’t believe my mom and Alec! I never would have suspected anything like that. I had to know when this happened. What about my dad Michael did he know? I was feeling totally lost right now. My mom was still giving me a guilty look and she should be. I can’t believe she kept this from me. I couldn’t be to mad at her though because she may have had a good reason to keep quiet about this.

“Honey I know you’re confused right now but I can explain. I met Alec before your father. I was misled by him and he wanted me to use my magic for the wrong things. Shortly after I left him the Prophecy came out about me defeating him and putting a balance between things.” She explained.