Training Pt.1

“Good morning.” Brayden said.

“Good morning.” I replied stretching.

“How do you sleep?” Brayden asked.

“Very well how about you?” I smiled.

“Great knowing you were here.” He replied.

Stretched my body and rolled over to my side.  That was the most peaceful sleep I have had in a long time.  Brayden watched me as woke up.  It felt good waking up next to him.  The more I am with Brayden the happier I feel.  Suddenly I remembered my parents.  I quickly jumped up out of the bed and ran to the door.  Before I can reach it Brayden stopped me.

“Don’t worry they already left.” He said.

I smiled and walked back to the bed and lay beside Brayden.  He wasted no time wrapping his arms around me.  I snuggled back into his chest burying my face.  Brayden rubbed the back of my head gently.

“What are we going to do today?” I asked.

“I thought we might begin your training today.” Brayden stated.

I got very excited over that.  I looked up at Brayden happily.  I can’t believe that I am actually starting my training today.  I smiled at Brayden and kissed him lovingly.  After a minute I pulled away.

“You mean we really get to start my training today?” I asked over anxious.

“Absolutely and from what I can tell you are very excited.” Brayden smiled.

“Am I that obvious?” I questioned.

“I’m afraid so.” He said.

As much as I would love to lie here all day I have to get ready. I still need a shower and a change of clothes.  I told Brayden that I needed to get ready so he got up and left to go to his house. I took a long shower as memories of last night played in my head. I smiled at the remembrance. After my shower was over I dried my hair and found a cute outfit and put it on.

I couldn’t help but wonder what I was going to be practicing today. I can’t wait to see. Brayden texted me and told me to meet him at his place at one. I looked at my watch and it was an hour till so I decided to leave. It would take me about 45minutes to get there anyway so I may as well go on.

One the way to Brayden’s house I decided to stop for a smoothie to kill some time. The line was pretty long so it took a while. Once I got my smoothie I left for Brayden’s house.  I drove another 30 minutes and I was there. I parked the car and got out. As I walked up to the house I notice Brayden outside setting some things up. I looked a little closer and seen it was some cardboard statues of people standing in the yard. I’m guessing those are my targets. There were also some other things to but I wasn’t sure what they were for. Brayden noticed me walking over to and smiled at me. I think he was just as excited as I was about this.

“You ready to do this?” Brayden smiled.

“Oh yeah” I laughed.

Brayden finished setting everything up as I watched. It looked to me like it was going to be a fun day. Brayden walked over to me carrying a lighter. Hmm I wonder what were going to do with that. Brayden lit to liter letting it burn.

“What am I suppose to do with that?” I questioned confused.

“Put it out.” He said obviously.

I smiled mischievously as I leaned in and blew it out. Brayden shook his head looking at me. What? I thought it was funny. I laughed at the look on his face.

“Ha ha we had a good laugh now for real this time.” He mocked.

“Ok, Ok. How do I do that?” I asked.

“Concentrate on the flame and imagine cold wind blowing and make it happen.” He said simply.

“Sure easy for you to say.” I mumbled.

I closed my eyes to concentrate of the flame. Once it was in mind I imagined a cold wind coming through and putting it out. I waited and nothing happened. Why is nothing happening? I tried again but still nothing. This time I tried even harder and I noticed the wind slowly starting to blow. It got a little stronger so I opened my eyes. When I looked at the lighter I noticed it looked strange.

“I think you thought a little too cold.” Brayden stated. He was right it totally froze over. It got so cold it put the fire out and the lighter had a thin ice coating on it. I laughed at my attempts and so did Brayden. “Ok let’s try that again.”

Brayden pulled another lighter out of his pocket lit it. I concentrated again but this time got it right, finally. Once we were done with that task we moved on to something else. This time it was brain linking. I tried this one before when I saved Brayden but not since then.

“Ok try to lock on to my mind.” He ordered. I tried searching through his mind until I found his thoughts. ‘I can’t wait to have another night like last night’ He thought.

‘Oh me either’ I thought back smirking.

‘We don’t have to wait you know.’

‘Yes we do. We have training to do now ‘I smiled. I love teasing him.

Since the mind linking was down we moved onto ways of bring down a vampire. This one was hard to do. I had to send powerful electric shocks through brain waves. I think I was partly holding back because I didn’t want to hurt Brayden. I didn’t want it to work and hurt him.

“Come one Brooke you can do this. It’s not like it’s going to kill me. It will just take me down for a little while.” He stated.

I knew he was right. I had to do it in order to defend myself. I lock eyes with him and sent pain waves to him. He stumbled a little bit in pain but got back up.

“You got to more in it than that Brooke.” He said.

I went back to my thoughts and sent more shocks. He stumbled but got back up. This time I sent shock after shock until I wore myself out. This stuff takes a lot out of me to, physically and mentally. I had finally taken Brayden to the ground unable to get up. I was suddenly feeling a lot more powerful now. I took someone down. Me, myself and I. I have to say I was proud of myself right now.

I walked over to Brayden and helped him up. I walked him over to one of the benches outside and sat beside him.

“Are you ok?” I asked worried. It looked like I done some damage.

“Yeah I’m fine. This just incapacitates for a little while so we can be killed.” He said straitening up.

“How do I do that?” I asked.

“With fire.” He stated.

“What? Where am I going to get fire?” I asked confused.

“You make it and it’s not easy to do. In fact it has been known to kill a few witches that have tried it. There are very few successes rates.” He said sadly.

So there is a chance this could kill me? This news didn’t really shock me. I think I knew there was some risk deep inside I just chose to ignore it. So if I can’t practice it then I guess I won’t know if it works until I use it. I have to do this for me, for my family and friends, and especially Brayden. I would sacrifice myself to make sure everyone I knew was safe.

“It’s ok. I know I need to do this.” I said.

“There is one thing you could do to help you survive this.” Brayden reviled.

“What is it?”

“A protection spell, you have to be tied to someone. It makes you stronger but If you die they die and if they die you die.” He stated.

“I couldn’t ask that of someone.”

“You’re not I’m offering.”