Jay

Chapter 4- Jay

"Where are my shoes?" I mumbled to myself while digging through my closet. "I know they are here somewhere."

"Looking for these?" my brother asked standing in my door holding the exact shoes I was looking for.

"Yes!" I exclaimed "Thank you, Thank you, Where were they?"

"Down stairs beside the couch where you left the last night."

"Oh yeah homework I forgot." I smiled as I remembered. I forgot about pulling them off while doing my homework last night on the couch. Sometimes I think I would lose my head if it wasn't attached.

"You better get going if you are ever going to make it to school on time." Reed said leaving the doorway.

"I know. I just can't seem to get it together this morning." I yelled after him. I grabbed my backpack and car keys and ran down stairs to the door. "See you after school. I will be a little late. I have a yearbook meeting after school today." I said rushing out the door.

Once I was in the car I started it and started pulling out when I noticed the movies I forgot to drop off yesterday laying in the passenger seat of the car. "Crap" I mumbled. I need to remember to drop those off after school this time.

I finally got to school and parked the car and made it with ten minutes to spare. 'Wow it thought I would have barely made it.' I thought happily. 'I wonder where Brayden is at. I wonder if things are going to be awkward with us today after the most amazing kiss on earth!' I started feeling a little nervous now. Why oh why did I have to think about it now. I tried not to all morning. I just sighed.

I got out of the car with my stuff and headed into the school tor ward my locker. I opened up my locker to trade out my books when I heard a familiar voice behind me say "Hey good looking" As soon as I heard the voice I turned around and I squealed. "Miss me?"

"My my gosh of course I did." I screamed and jumped in my best friends arms and squeezed him tight. Boy did he get hotter while he was gone or what? Something sure has changed. "It's seems like you have been gone forever Jay. What happened to you? Someone has changed. You have grown some muscle and you cut your hair! Ok who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" I laughed jokingly.

"Calm down it’s only been two weeks. I told you I would be back, and trust me it's me!" He laughed. “I think someone’s is glad to have their best friend back."

"What can I say school is just not the same without you." I gushed. "So how was your dad's? Did the family stuff go okay?"

"Yeah it went fine" he brushed and changed the subject. "So tell me all that’s happened while I have been gone." He said throwing he arm around my shoulders as I shut my locker to walk to class. Hmm I guess he don't want to talk about it. Maybe he and his dad didn't get along as well as he had hoped.

"Well we had the school fundraiser and raised $2300 for the prom and oh and we have a new student." I smiled.

"Oh really? I don't think we have ever had a new student before. What do you know about them?" he questioned with curiosity.

"Well his name is Brayden and he is in our grade and he is 18 and he is in almost all my classes but two. He is really nice. I took him to show him around town yesterday and he ended up having dinner with me and Reed last night." I replied.

For a moment I saw emotion in his eyes. Jealousy maybe. I'm not sure it ended as soon as it appeared. 'Hmm' he has never done that before. But I have never really had any other guy friends before only Jay. Not that you would call Brayden and I friends. I don't really know what you call us. Especially after last night. Best keep that to myself I think. I don't want Jay getting worried or freaking out or anything. I know he really cares about me, but sometimes he can be a bit worry-some. We made it to class and took our usual seats in the back next to the window. The one Brayden sat in only yesterday.

"You mean to tell me Reed let you have a guy over and he lived? He laughed in disbelief.

"I know. I didn't think he liked him at first but then he all of a sudden took an interest in him and wanted to know everything about him. It surprised me too. He questioned him all through dinner."

"Well now I have to meet this mystery person. Where is he any way? He question.

"I really don't know. I thought he would have been here by now." I stated. Then a thought crossed my mind. What if he isn't coming in today because of me, because now things were awkward. Great I wonder if we will talk when he does show back up.

"Well when you see him next bring him over and introduce him to me."

"Ok but be nice. He is a nice guy and I don't want you scaring him off." I retorted

"Now why would I do a thing like that?" he questioned innocently. But I didn't buy it for a minute. I just rolled my eyes at him. "So want to grab a burger after the yearbook meeting after school today. Since I have been gone I really missed the shack."

"Yeah sounds good." I replied. Then the teacher walked in and class began.

The rest of the day went by pretty fast and Brayden never did show up. I guess this means things are really going to be awkward now. I wonder what is going through his mind.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Brookes POV

Almost a whole school completely passed by and still no Brayden. It's now Friday and I have just about given up hope on him coming back. I was a little hurt. Had I messed things up that bad? So bad he decided not to come back to school? Didn't Reed scare him off? I thought standing by my locker getting out my books before class began.

I looked at my watch and I still had a few minutes left before class started but I didn't have anything better to be doing with Jay being out today. So I decided on heading to class early. Once I got there I saw Brayden setting in the spot he sat in on his first day here typing away on his phone to someone. When he didn't even look up I decided to make my presence known and find out why he was gone for so long.

I stalked over to the table he was at and heavily set my back pack down on the table to get his attention, and it did. He looked up from his phone and looked warily at me. "So I guess you decided to finally come back to school." I said with no emotion. He just looked at me for a second before he said anything.

"Yeah I'm sorry I didn't call or text you. I had some family stuff to deal with and I had to go back home for a few days. I know it was bad timing and all. I didn't want you to think it was because of what happened or anything. I had a feeling you would but I had to go. I'm sorry." He explained

"Well that's exactly what I did. I was really worried." I stated. Man it’s so hard to be mad at him sitting there in all his glory. With that beautiful worried look on his face, Heck everything he does beautiful. Oh wait get those thoughts out of your head you are suppose to be upset remember.

“I know again I'm really sorry. Let me make it up to you. How about dinner at my place tonight?" He asked.

Oh my gosh did he just ask me on date? And to his house? There is no way Reed will go for that but maybe I can think up an excuse. Maybe I can tell him I will be at the school late working on the banners for the dance coming up. I mean how could I possibly turn him down.

"I guess but if you ever do that to me again I will never speak to you again." I said in all seriousness before breaking out in a smile.

"Oh thank you. You won't regret it. Besides I want to get to know more about you." He smiled back sexily. Wow what am I going to do? I'm so nervous now but also so excited. Then the thought crossed my mind. 'What if he kisses me again? What if it turns into more than just a kiss?' Without Reed around there is no telling what could happen. Was I prepared for that?

......................................................................................................................................................................

Author

Just to help everyone out this is my cast list. It will help everyone imagine the characters a little better.

Brooke played by Ksenia Solo

Brayden played by Penn Badgley

Reed played by Ryan Gosling

Jay played by Cam Gigandet