First Encounter

• Dedicated to Brooke Silvers

(Unedited- I know there are some mistakes)

(Chapter 1- First Encounter)

"Good morning!!!" someone called, much too cheerfully for this time of the morning I might add, from my bedroom door. Still half asleep, I didn't immediately realize who it was.

I went through my usual morning routine, stretching for a while and rubbing the sleep out of the corners of my eyes, to clear my head somewhat start my day. Once I had a grasp of my surroundings, I rolled over to see Reed, arms crossed, leaning against the door frame. I know he was just waiting there to make sure I got up.

"You’re going to be late again, sis," he stated shaking his head with a half grin on his face. After a few minutes of making no attempt to climb out of bed, he called out again, "Brooke get up before I come in with the water," he said jokingly as he walked over and lightly slapped me with the dish towel he had over his shoulder to get me moving.

I finally started to get moving as much as I hated to, but I knew I couldn’t be late for school again. Once Reed seen I was starting to get up he left the room. I don't know what has come over me why I'd been so tired all the time recently I thought to myself as I yawned. I finally got myself ready for school and rushed down stairs. I grabbed a banana as I walked out the door.

Oh how I hate Mondays I thought to myself as I was pulling in the school parking lot. The weekend just isn't enough. As I pulled up I realized I just missed the bell. "Great" I said to myself sarcastically. I guess I get to make another trip to the office for a late slip. I grabbed my stuff and headed in the school.

When I got to the office I saw a guy standing there talking to the secretary. I couldn't tell much about him from the back he just looked like a normal guy but with a beautiful melody voice the made me week at the knees. Just then he turned around and I saw him and I couldn't be more wrong. This was not a normal guy. Normal guys didn't look and sound like he did.

He was beautiful. He had ocean blue eyes and a bright beautiful smile. Dark almost black hair that was short and muscular body build that made me almost fall over.

"Excuse Me" someone said pulling me out of my trance. When I snapped back to reality I realized that the principle was standing in front of me standing at the secretary's desk. "Miss Jones late again I see." This makes your third time being late does it not?" he said. "You have always been a model student what’s been going on?"

"I'm sorry I was up late last night working on school assignments, I will try to be better about it."I explained.

"Well" he said. "Since you have really helped out organizing the school fundraiser for next week I will let it slide this time..." Just as I was about to rejoice he added "but in return you have to help the new student get settled in the school" The before I knew it I was panicking inside and so nervous. I'm going to be alone with new guy. I don't know if I will even be able to talk to him. Then he turned to me and introduced us.

"Brooke Jones this is Brayden Wesscott. Brayden Wesscott this is Brooke Jones. If there is anything you need young man just ask Brooke she will be able to help you."

"Okay" Brayden replied to the principle. Some punishment I thought happily to myself. "Nice to meet you" He said introducing himself with his hand stuck out for me to shake.

"N...N...Nice t...to meet you too." I replied a little nervous while taking his hand and starring into those big beautiful ocean blue eyes. When our hands meet I almost shocked me at how cold they were. I was 74 degree outside how could he be cold. I quickly pulled my hand away from his. After a minute or so he broke the silence.