❝ 11. ❞

MONDAY  °  1500
KIRA'S

i could tell yuta was nervous for the practice match because he was louder than usual and once again, he had his lucky shirt on.

the crecker high soccer team's bus is due to arrive any moment now and the coach was giving a pep talk to the boys.

taeyong told them so encouraging words and they went to warm up. only jaemin, chenle and renjun stayed back.

the coach asked them to watch the game so they can see how a practice match is because they're new members.

i glanced at renjun who was playing with the hem of his new soccer uniform he received this morning when he officially joined the football club.

suddenly, lucas's cheers went silent, taeyong stopped bouncing a ball on his knees and yuta turned serious.

crecker high's bus arrived and twelve boys and a girl were cooly walking onto the field.

just as doyoung described her, she had long jet black hair tied into a loose ponytail.  obviously, she was beautiful with a face resembling her brother's.

each team faced each other and bowed then wishing for a good game, the twelve unknown boys that just entered our territory started warming up, stretching and giving each other pep talks.

while i was watching the many boys on the field, a shadow blocked the sun from my view, "you must be kira! i've heard quite a lot from doyoung about you." 

i blinked a few times at the sight of doyoung's sister standing before my eyes, she's so pretty wtf. upon seeing my slightly surprised face she bowed, "oh! sorry i didn't introduce myself, i'm kim minyoung." 

with a cute gummy smile on her lips, she lightly grabbed my hands and squealed, "you're so pretty! no wonder doyoung mentions you all the time." a small blush dusted my cheeks in which i attempted to hide by staring at the ground. 

"well she is cute so i'm not surprised." at the sound of an unknown voice, i lifted my head, "aish back off hyunjoon." minyoung shooed the black haired boy away. "what? but you never say that to haknyeon when he says those things." the boy pouted at his manager.

"yeah but haknyeon is my favorite, you should know that by now." minyoung crossed her arms and walked off to her favorite when she heard him say he was hungry from the field.

the boy collapsed beside me on the bench i was sitting on and sighed, watching his teammates with a jealous look in his eyes. "a-are you not going to w-warm up?"

his frown only grew deeper, "no i got injured lately and if i overuse my ankle it's going to break again." 

"o-oh... sorry."

"kira!!! don't talk to strangers like him." chenle ran over to me with renjun and jaemin by his side. "yeah, you shouldn't be friendly with the enemy." jaemin grabbed my wrist and pulled me up from my sitting position. "wait— but-"

the black haired boy only waved goodbye to me before jaemin dragged me to a different bench. 

the four of us settled down on the bench and coach kang announced the beginning of the practice match. when the whistle blowed, the ball was kicked to jeahyun. 

"geez, why are you so quiet renjun??" chenle turned to his black-haired friend, five minutes into the soccer game. "what n-no i'm not." 

chenle nudged renjun with his elbow followed by jaemin pinching his cheeks which lead to renjun whining for them to stop annoying him, "aah i'm going to choke you guys one day." 

jaemin laughed and slung his arm over renjun's shoulders, "there's our renjun."

"thank god he's back to normal or we would've brought him to the hospital." chenle said to no one in particular.

the four of us, having lost interest in the football game, chenle sat beside me on my right and jaemin on my left while renjun watched the game quietly next to jaemin.

"kira, are you hungry??" chenle pulled a ramen cup out of his sports bag that's been laying on the floor since earlier. i shook my head despite feeling a little hungry, "oh— uh no i'm fine thanks."

"are you close to jeno? how did you meet? what's your favorite color? when did yo—"

i felt an arm around my shoulders, "ookayyy chenle, stop interrogating her and watch your boyfriend jisung kick the ball." jaemin pulled me closer and heat rose to my cheeks.

"aaarrghhh geez can i not be friendly nowadays?" the chinese boy slumped into his seat with his lower lip pulled out into a pout, his eyes trailing jisung's movements, a gloomy aura surrounded him.

nOOo he's to cuTE TO BE SAD, i thought and jaemin answered, as if he could read my mind. "don't worry about him, he's always like that. once he broke a table, he cried over it for five minutes and went back to normal."

"anyways, why is such a pretty girl like you manager of a soccer team?" the honey-haired boy looked at me in the eyes.

our closeness rendered me speechless which only made jaemin inch closer.

"uhm... y—yuta, he made me erm j-join."

"ooh, anyways, i bet you play soccer because you're definitely a keeper." jaemin winked flirtingly and laughed when i buried my face in my hands in embarrassment.

°  THIRD PERSON'S

jaemin's laugh must've caught yuta's attention for him to look away from the ball for even a split second. he saw the younger boy's arm around kira's shoulder, jealousy consumed yuta and he kicked the ball angrily to taeyong.

ever since yuta witnessed the close contact between his best friend and his new teammate he couldn't help but feel off. his kicks became unprecise and he lost focus, only thinking about kira.

thankfully jungwoo scored the goals yuta missed since the ball got stolen away from him multiple times and won the game by one point.

"this is only a practice match!! next time we'll win for sure!" haknyeon yelled to neo tech high with changmin patting his back.

the blue haired eric cheered, "yeah! we won't give up."

"this was a nice experience, thank you for today." jacob, sangyeon, and juyeon bowed to taeyong who thanked them as well.

minyoung got the opportunity to get to know kira after taking her away from jaemin and felt as if she had the upper hand from her brother doyoung, because she spent more time with kira than him.

but unfortunately, there wasn't only crecker high's soccer team feeling sad about their loss. yuta was too. afraid of losing kira to someone else.

written on
⎣ 22th of april ⎤
sorry for the late
update :((
anyway here is
the boyz in this
chapter!! and later
on i'll make nct play
against stray kids
yayyy