Chapter Twenty Seven

Since it's been a year since I've updated, here's a little recap of the characters:

Grace: Main character obvs; beta blood

Ryder: Next alpha king; Grace's mate; reputation as a horny bad boy

Lily: Grace's best friend, Alex's mate; alpha blood

Alex: Ryder's best friend; next beta to Ryder's pack; Lily's mate; punkish bad boy

Jason: Grace's older brother; upcoming beta

Luke: Lily's older brother; upcoming alpha

Dean: Grace and Lily's childhood friend; is in love(?) with Grace

Victoria: Pureblood vampire; Grace's 1st bodyguard; hates Trina

Jayden: pureblood vampire; hates caleb; has a thing for victoria

Caleb: pureblood vampire blondie; hates jayden; also has a thing for victoria

Trina: shape shifter; Grace's 2nd bodyguard; hates Victoria

Allie: Ryder's supposedly "fiancee"; is really mean to Grace

Cole: stray black cat who Grace and Ryder took in

-----

Chapter Twenty Seven

When Lily and I exited the bathroom, I heard and saw everything. I heard every little whisper and saw every single look they gave me.

Apparently, I was now known as the girl who punched somebody on her first day. Some people described me as "a hero," "the most amazing person in the world," "Ryder's cool mate," "the badass," and my favorite one, "Grace the Great," I assumed they were all terrorized by Allie as well. On the other hand, other people described me as "scary," "intimidating," "ill-tempered," and the worse one, "the cutter."

Don't get me wrong. My cuts on my thighs weren't recent. In fact, I haven't cut them since freshman year. So, it's been two years.

But I knew better than to wear a short dress today. I wanted to look pretty though, without being judged.

"Where's Ryder?" I asked Lily, trying not to grow nervous with the stares I'm receiving by everybody. I was walking with Lily next to me and she didn't mind the stares. In fact, she didn't even pay attention to them. It made me feel a bit more comfortable knowing that she was there with me.

"I don't know," She replied. "I took off after you when you ran so I didn't get a chance to look."

"God I hope I didn't scare him away," I said worriedly. "What if he thought I was a freak after he found out my... You know what."

Lily rolled her eyes. "He's not going to think that. You need to stop being so insecure."

"I can't help it sometimes," I said.

"Well hopefully, that will change soon," Lily said softly.

I hope it does.

As we continued to walk down the hall, I see Ryder, and I was suddenly afraid of his reaction. My anxiety was getting the best of me.

"No, no, no, no, no, no," I repeatedly said to Lily and turned away. "I can't let him see me."

"Grace," Lily said warningly. "You have to face him some time."

"But you have to understand!" I tried to persuade her. "If he isn't going to look at me like I was a freak, then he may look at me with pity or like I'm a fragile, sensitive girl and he's going to treat me differently! I don't want him to treat me any different than he did 15 minutes ago." I had started to walk to a different direction.