Chapter Twelve

Chapter twelve

Jason’s eyes wandered to the arm wrapped around my waist before they looked at Ryder. Oh god, judging by the glare on his face directed to Ryder, I could tell he was going to go all protective-older-brother mode.

“Grace,” My dad says being the first one to speak. “Can you explain me why the king told me you were hooking up with Ryder?”

Huh?

“I thought you were smarter than that and waited for your mate,” Mom says, disappointment in her voice.

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked, narrowing my eyes on them. “Ryder is my mate.”

“Why hasn’t he marked you yet then?”

“I was just kidnapped by rogues!”

“Are you sure you were? We were looking all over for you! Who knows? Maybe you left the territory to get a good fuck with Ryder!” Dad’s angry voice yelled.

I gawked and suddenly felt irritated that my parents don’t even believe me.

“Enough!” Ryder yells, his tone matching my dad’s. “She’s my fucking mate, okay?”

“No she isn’t,” Ryder’s dad says. “She’s just another one of your whores that want the title of the queen.”

“She’s not,” He growls, his eyes turning yellow. I rubbed his arm and hoped that it would calm him down a bit. I was a little hurt that the king just called me a whore.

I see my Dad walking towards me. He grabs my arm and yanks me out of his grip. I let out a shriek of surprise at how rough he was being.

Ryder bared his teeth and made a move to grab my other arm. “Don’t touch my mate!” He yells.

Ryder’s dad comes over and pushed him, causing him to let go of my arm. “She’s not your mate!” His dad yells at him. “Don’t even lie to me! You expect us to believe she’s your mate when she comes out like that wearing only your shirt?! How do you think that looks to us?!”

“She was attacked by rogues!”

“Bullshit,” He says, gritting his teeth. “C’mon, we’re going home. I thought I would have a nice time visiting you on your birthday but so far, you’re only pissing me off, Ryder.”

“I’m not leaving without my mate,” Ryder yells at him and struggles out of his dad’s grip. The only thing stronger than Ryder was his dad, so far.

“Alex, grab your mate. We’re going on the private jet right now,” I hear the king say. I was trying to get out of my dad’s grip but he only pulled me harder and soon, we were into a car. I made a move to get out but Dad put child lock on me.

I see Ryder being pushed somewhere and he makes eye contact with me. Oh god, he was leaving and going back to his real home without me. This wasn’t supposed to happen.

“Dad,” I say in a pleading tone to him while he quickly drove off away from the forest. “You have to believe me. I wasn’t hooking up with him. He’s my mate!”

I noticed Jason was sitting next to me and my mom was in the passenger seat. My mom looked angry and Jason wasn’t facing me so I couldn’t tell what he felt. But, I’m sure all of them were listening to me.

I felt tears of frustration coming out.

“Dad,” I say, the panic in my voice was clear. “Please talk to me. Please tell me you believe me.”

“Grace,” I hear Jason’s voice say. I turned to look at him. “Just stop talking.”

“No,” I say roughly. “I’m not just going to stop, okay?”