Chapter Ten

Chapter ten

Ryder let out a threatening growl when the wolf that attacked me struggled more in his grip.

I tried to get up but my bones gave out and I fell to the muddy floor again. I let out a whimper when this happened. By now, it had already started raining hard. My fur was wet and I can feel the cool mud soaking through my thick coat and onto my thin layer of skin. I probably looked terrible and I could see my blood dripping onto the ground.

My mate was observing me and an even louder growl came out as I heard a bone snap. The wolf's body immediately went limp and Ryder dropped him to the ground, his blood staining his snout. It made my wolf purr at how strong he was and I was just here staring horrifyingly at how my mate just killed a wolf with one snap in the neck. It made me realize how truly strong he is and why fate chose a really weak mate for him.

He walks over to me and looks at my wounds again. He then starts licking them and I almost purr in pleasure at his touch. Soon, the pain was no longer there and I felt my strength regenerating. I looked at my wounds and they were closed with no more blood coming out.

'It's my royal blood, love,' He says in the mind link. 'I can heal anybody because of it. You'll be getting it too once we mate and I claim you as mine.'

You have no idea how right that sounded when he called me his. Unconsciously, I stood up, feeling better, and nuzzled my head against his neck. He was warm and I liked it.

'C'mon, let's get you home. I won't let you escape this time.'

I froze when I heard him say that. I almost forgot about Lily and the pack that saved me!

I think he noticed my panicked expression because he then says, 'What's wrong, love?'

'I need your help,' I say, not worried about him recognizing my voice.

'Your voice sounds so familiar.'

'Forget about my voice. Come on.'

I gently nipped his neck to get him to follow me. He follows me and we run toward the direction I came from.

'What do you need me to help with?' He asks.

'I need you to help me save a pack that saved me and Lily.'

'You know Lily?'

'Yep,' I say. Should I mention to him that I'm Grace or what? I'm really scared of what his reaction would be if I told him. What if he were to be disappointed?

'What about Grace? Do you know her too?' He asked in a worried tone. If I were any other girl, I would be insanely jealous that he's worried about another girl but he's worried about me, and I feel so happy inside that he is. It's kind of disappointing that he doesn't think I'm Grace though, which gives me another reason to not tell him who I am.

'Yeah, I know her. She's fine.' But I guess I'll play along. 'She's safe right now.' I'm telling him the truth anyway so it wouldn't be lying, right?

'Thank god,' I hear him mutter. 'I'm going to call Alex, Lily's mate, okay? He can help us. What are we saving them from?'

'Rogues,' I say.

'How many are there?'

'A bunch'

'Should I call Lily's pack?'

'That would be nice.'

I see his wolf do a tiny nod and he looked like he was mind linking somebody. I slow down when I smelled rogues nearby. Ryder noticed this too and slowed down to my speed.