Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I groaned when I heard the annoying alarm clock. I quickly pressed the button on the clock and remained on the bed.

It was Monday and everybody hates Mondays. Well, I didn't really hate it today but I didn't love it either. Today is when Ryder, Alex, and a couple more of their guy friends are starting school here for a week. I don't know if I should feel excited or what. All I feel is anxiety and angst.

I went to the store yesterday on my free time to buy some magazines that has Ryder in it. It earned me a weird glance from the cashier. I know, I was becoming a stalker now but I learned a lot about my mate. His favorite color was a soft bluish color that was sort of like the ocean. His family also owned a company and his father is one of the richest entrepreneurs in America.

For humans, they were known as billionaires. For wolves, they were known as the royal family. No wolf in their right minds would ever threaten to reveal the existence of us. We've had some threats in the past but it wasn't so serious. Some humans are suspicious of us though, but nobody has gotten proof. We don't really need to worry about rogues. Even though some of them are crazy, I don't think any of them would join with humans to go against us. Well, I don't really know that much because I'm never at a pack meeting.

I also learned that Ryder was a major player. I didn't like the idea of him being with different other girls every week. I growled and nearly ripped the magazine to shreds whenever I saw a picture of him holding another girl's waist or kissing someone.

Soon, I lazily got up, making my way to the shower. I then got out. I decided I was going to wear something nice for once instead of my usual sweater and jeans. It was pretty chilly outside so I decided to put on a white long-sleeved shirt that hugs my curves and a black leather jacket over it to give me an edgier look. I then put a pair of gray skinnies and my black converses on. I put on some eyeliner and mascara and then curled my hair. I usually don't do anything to my hair but straighten it but I wanted to look nice for Ryder. I then put on my contacts, which I don't use very often.

When I went down, everybody looked surprised at why I looked different.

"Can you drop me off Jason?" I asked him when I got to the table.

"Yeah sure," He says while stuffing some food in his mouth. "Lily isn't driving you?"

I shrugged, not wanting to talk about the call I just got while I was curling my hair. "She's busy," Was all I said.

"Well, I guess I'll drive you since you look actually 'decent' enough to ride with me for once."

I rolled my eyes.

"I never even knew you had that jacket, Grace," Mom says.

"You bought it for me on my birthday. I haven't worn it yet, so that's why."

"What's the special occasion?" She smiled, probably pleased that I changed my style a bit.

"Nothing," I say and took a bite out of my eggs. "I just wanted to look nice for once."

"Is it because of Ryder?" Jason says.

I tensed up and replied too quickly, "Absolutely not! Jeez, can't a girl change her style a bit?"

"Calm down," he chuckles. "It's just a question, though I know the real answer now." He smirks knowingly at me. I decided not to reply. "But you look nice sis. I'm sure you'll impress whoever you're trying to impress." He winks at me and gets up to leave.

My mom raises an eyebrow at me. "Is what he's saying true?"

"It doesn't matter," I waved off her question. "I'm leaving for school now though."